8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Kiss concert film. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Kiss concert film.
Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 08, 2013 06:24 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the info.

So was the Kiss Gun 3-parter the only commercially available film issued in 8mm for public sale? My question was referring to what was mass produced and available back in the 70's. I am on the lookout for something I can add to my collection.

Bill [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Chris Davis
Junior

- posted February 14, 2013 02:08 PM      Profile for Chris Davis   Email Chris Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There was the 3 part "Gun" series, Then there was another called "Kiss Canada 1976" which is from Ottawa Ontario in April 1976, during the early part of the Destroyer Tour (while the band was still in the Alive costumes and staging). There was also a 3 part paul lynde halloween special (taped off of tv) with sound and the hotter than hell tv commercial, taped off of tv with sound. I actually have the Hotter Than Hell commercial film. I'd be willing to sell it.

Chris Davis
Junior

- posted February 15, 2013 10:17 AM      Profile for Chris Davis   Email Chris Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahh good news I guess. I found the name of the person who originally made these films I listed in the previous post available. His name was Paul Giles. Anyone familiar with him? He was in Burbank California back then. Here's the ad as it appeared in a magazine in 1977. (This po box probably does not work anymore!)

-

[ February 15, 2013, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: Chris Davis ]

Adam McCreath
Film Handler

- posted February 20, 2013 06:35 AM      Profile for Adam McCreath     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Ahh good news I guess. I found the name of the person who originally made these films I listed in the previous post available. His name was Paul Giles. Anyone familiar with him? He was in Burbank California back then. Here's the ad as it appeared in a magazine in 1977. (This po box probably does not work anymore!)

[ February 15, 2013, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: Chris Davis ]

Chris;

This may be a stupid suggestion but did you ever try contacting Gene Simmons directly? As difficult as that may be I beleive he kept one of just about everything that ever had the KISS name on it (except for unauthorized merchandice I suppose)? If there is master films still in exsistance he probably has them in his vaults. Make a busienss proposal and you never know; maybe you might hear back from his "people" if he can make a dime of your project. I'd buy them and so would millions of other people.

KISS ROCKS!!

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted February 20, 2013 08:52 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fascinating to see the other major names that appear in the ad above. There must be plenty 'out there' and yet they almost never ever come up for sale. Maybe a lot were wrecked via heavy use on the cheapest silent projectors.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Matt Villagomez
Junior

- posted February 20, 2013 01:26 PM      Profile for Matt Villagomez   Email Matt Villagomez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chris, how much would you want for the Hotter Than Hell commercial?

--------------------
It's 1 o'clock and time for lunch

Chris Davis
Junior

- posted February 20, 2013 02:48 PM      Profile for Chris Davis   Email Chris Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Contacting Gene directly is the worst idea in the world. Gene only takes, does not give. I know what is in the Kiss vaults. It's not much. Most of what appears on Kissology came from fans or TV Studios and various video archive houses. The fans have all the good stuff.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC