8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Editor query

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Editor query
Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted October 07, 2012 04:18 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1) What reel capacity does this model have?

2) Are there special adaptors etc which should be included to switch between the two gauges?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Elmo-Editor-912-Dual-Type-/380482233693?pt=UK_Photography_VintagePhotography_VintagePhotoAccessories&hash=item589682255d&_uhb=1#ht_2822wt_1186

|  IP: Logged

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2012 07:05 AM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael, I have this unit. I believe it takes up to 400' reels as I've never tried anything bigger (I am not at home or I would check it out for sure!). There are super 8 adapters for the cranks....but even though it says DUAL I can never get the standard 8 to run through it with out the sprocket holes jumping so I use it for super 8 viewing only and rewinding standard 8.

There are 3 extra accessories that go with it....a film cleaning pad, counter and sound head that you can hook up headphones and edit your sound films with greater care...these all hook on to the right side, one at a time.

Even though I have trouble (maybe it's me) with the standard 8 in this editor it is a very reliable and steady unit for super 8.

By the way, I paid $100 for mine about 5 years ago with all the accessories...I see these sold separate and they are usually expensive.

Bill [Smile]

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted October 07, 2012 12:27 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Bill. That helps. I wonder are there any editors which take 800ft reels?

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2012 01:41 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I checked mine out and it does take 800' reels.

Bill [Smile]

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted October 07, 2012 01:46 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, excellent. Thanks.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 07, 2012 02:38 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a Goko A-203 dual editor, it has exactly the same appearance. And my editor can take 800' too.

The picture can be seen here:

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=006139

The original brand may be Goko while Elmo just re-branded.

--------------------
Winbert

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2012 03:07 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Michael, try to go for the non flicker editor if you can, you can usually pick these up from time to time on ebay for not much more money, goko and elmo, they have a multi facet prism in them quite a clever set up,like watching it from your projector and they have a bigger reel capacity too if you need that.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 07, 2012 03:15 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My experience shows that non flicker is less bright than the normal ones. This is due to the fact that light must hit the prism first before touching the film. With this normal editor 10w ligt directly touch the film.

I do even make screen shots (for my latest Ebay) with this editor because it is bright enough, while at the same time using editor allow me to choose the best scene possible without worrying of blurry or shaking. I doubt with a non-flicker editor system it can be done.

--------------------
Winbert

Paul Browning
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2012 05:54 PM      Profile for Paul Browning   Email Paul Browning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Winbert, i find cleaning the prisms all but eliminate's this problem you have encountered , in fact cleaning the optics in general improves these machines because of there relatively low light output to start with and the fact that no one ever cleans them like the headlamps on your car!!!!!.Why not try it you may be suprised.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC