8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » My website The Reel Image UK

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My website The Reel Image UK
David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2012 04:45 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thought I would put a link up for my website. I started this in 1996 and the site went live January 1997 The Reel Image UK.

It has NO connection with the Steve Osborne magazine other than the same name.

The site is due for a major update, but the old version is still working.

For anyone interested a new section will feature scans of old film catalogue's and magazines.

Two are already uploaded:

Movieland International 1989/90 Catalogue

Walton Catalogue 29

Think I will need to reduce the jpg quality of the scans though. The Walton catalogue takes a while to download.

Its one of my projects over the winter to update everything.

Please take a look, and any feedback is very welcome.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

|  IP: Logged

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2012 05:29 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David,

Good to see your website is still going strong and it's great news to see you are currently undergoing the construction of a new website. Your downloads are a fantastic source of information for those not able to access the 'vintage' catalogues, nice work.

As an aside I have a copy of the Movieland FULL FEATURE release of BRIEF ENCOUNTER featured in your catalogue download if anyone would like to add it to their collection (Not to be confused with the Walton abridged version). It has the original Movieland label too, price £199, email to... rickyd2001(at)hotmail(dot)com if you want it or have questions... not here please!

Best,
Ricky

[ November 17, 2012, 04:43 AM: Message edited by: Ricky Daniels ]

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted November 16, 2012 07:13 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David

That site is going to be the best around. By all means, please DO get it updated and running. Now is the best time as more collectors are popping up every day. It's a resurgence in the film collecting hobby. Maybe after you get it updated you may be able to sell ad to help with the expense. As far as the downloads, I think the wait is worth it. The Walton catalog I d/l is terrific. It's even printable as a reference source. Thanks for your hard work. I have designed websites myself and there is a lot of time and effort put into it.

PatD [Wink]

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 16, 2012 08:33 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David thanks for a good website. I have visitedd this website since long time a go but never knew that you were the man behind the stage.

BTW, I just read the Movieland Catalog, that is fron 1989/90.

This is new to me. I thought the company who released movies full feature in the UK after the end of 8mm was only Derann, Perry, Independent8 and now CHC. So is the Movieland released its own prints or just re-sell other compay releases?

The reason is because I see there "Railway Chidren" which I knew were released by several companies.

And how do you guys see the quality of this company (if it released its own prints).

And lastly why seems to me this forum never (or rarely) discussed this company.

--------------------
Winbert

Antoine Orsero
Master Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2012 09:21 AM      Profile for Antoine Orsero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David,

Thank you for this website and the catalogs.

I downloaded the two catalogs.

Bravo!

In the meantime the suite.

I am looking since always a COLLECTORS CLUB catalog.

But I do not know if this catalog existed!

Thank you for this great work

--------------------
Tony

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2012 12:36 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Movieland was owned by Roger Lilley and was based in Cornwall. Yes they did release their own titles, as well as trading titles from other distributors, they also sold secondhand films.

I meet Roger one year at the Blackpool Convention, very enthusiastic for film.

I have 'Riddle Of The Sands' in scope full length the quality is quite good. One of those films that work better on the scope screen, than TV.

Don't think they were around by the mid 90's.

Powell Films were the original distributor of 'The Railway Children' released as 4 x 400ft version unsure if it came out as 1x400ft, but would think so. Movieland and finally Derann released it complete, with the Derann version probably having the best quality

Roger seemed to have quite a few different film companies over the years, one 'Looney Looney Movie Company' while not releasing their own titles did offer film hire.

Sadly Roger is now in the great projector room in the sky.

A few other companies that probably don't get mentioned too often Kempski, Animex, Lone Wolf, Major 8 Movies and quite a few more that have not been heard about.

Glad you like my site. Your comments give me encouragement to make my update.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2012 02:07 PM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks you for the catalogs David, they are great resources.

Looking forward to seeing more!

Cheers
Terry

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted November 16, 2012 02:58 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a print of Movielands "In Which We Serve",purchased from
our own Keith Wilton and the quality of both sound and vision is stunning.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 16, 2012 03:05 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting to see The Jazz Singer and Clockwise on that list as feature releases. Has anyone got either of these? If so, how is the quality?
They don't appear to turn up too often.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC