8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » How Do I Remove Eumig Focus?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How Do I Remove Eumig Focus?
Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2012 09:20 PM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want to remove the focus system out of my Eumig 810 projector and I was wondering how to do that properly. Does the knob just pop off like a cap? Is it glued on? I don't want to wreck it trying to do it and I thought maybe somebody else out there had removed them before. Thanks.
 -

--------------------
There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness

|  IP: Logged

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted November 23, 2012 08:21 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The aluminium outer sleeve pulls off towards you and inside you will find the black plastic inner. The clip on the front of that will speak for itself.I usually get two flat screwdrivers behind it to start it moving forwards toward you then it will simply slip off. Most people make the mistake of trying to grip and pull it off, but all you are doing is holding the shiny bit tight to its mounting.
Happy days!

Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2012 03:04 PM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you very much. With this I was able to successfully switch it over without breaking anything :-)

--------------------
There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC