8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Super8warehouse (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Super8warehouse
Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2012 07:10 AM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Found this store on the web.
Looks like a new online store.
Anybody dealt with them yet.

Super8warehouse

Cheers
Terry

Update:
saw a film I wanted so I made an order. Will report back.

BTW they have their own zine which is apparently included with your order. Interesting and welcome.

-

[ November 27, 2012, 08:13 AM: Message edited by: Terry Lagler ]

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 27, 2012 09:48 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They are based on the Netherlands.

If the owner is member of this forum, I advise to mention it in this thread so you guys will have a strong support from us.

I can see that support is given to dealers that we know closely the owner such as Independent 8, Paul Foster, CHC, Reel Image, and of course was for Derann too.

--------------------
Winbert

Bert Haagsman
Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2012 03:19 PM      Profile for Bert Haagsman   Author's Homepage   Email Bert Haagsman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all,

I had already been thinking about introducing Super8warehouse here, when I learned the site was mentioned on the Forum today. So without any further delay, I will give you some info on my plans.

But first let me say I have been following the Forum off and on for some months now with pleasure. I hope I will be able to contribute something of interest now and then.

Allright then, Super8warehouse. The idea for the site first came up when I decided to sell part of my super 8 collection. I had been a longtime collector, from my high school days, and I wanted to have more focus in the collection.

Then, last year, Topfilm of Amsterdam closed down after the death of owner Ton van de Kleut - some of you may have known him. I managed to buy up the remaining stock, and have been busy sorting this out in the past few months.

So, with my own films and the Topfilm stock, I created Super8warehouse. When the site is at least moderately successful, I will try and acquire more films and keep going.

But at present, there is still a lot to be done. I have many hundreds of films that need to be inspected, described and listed. And the site is not completely finished, either. Some functionality (for instance, more film categories) will be added.
So for the coming winter, you may expect the site to grow from month to month and sometimes from week to week.

Terry mentioned the free zine (Take One) that is included with all orders. To be sure, it's only a little magazine, but I think it will be nice enough. The first issue is dedicated to some great examples of 8mm box cover art. I am still working on it and hope to send it to the printers by the beginning of next week. People who have already ordered films will get the zine sent on.

Well, that's about it. If anyone has a question or comment, I'll be glad to know.

Best regards,
Bert

Super8warehouse

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2012 06:41 PM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the forum Bert.

I'm looking forward to my first order.

Your site is well designed /clean and easy to navigate. The fact that it has a shopping cart set for worldwide shipping and Paypal payments is all the better.

Best of luck with your sales, I'll be sure to spread the word.

Cheers
Terry

Bert Haagsman
Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2012 04:08 AM      Profile for Bert Haagsman   Author's Homepage   Email Bert Haagsman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Terry.
When I have any news or specials, I will post in the sale/trade section.
Best regards,
Bert

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted November 28, 2012 08:12 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Bert,
I have sent you a PM.
Welcome!

Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 28, 2012 08:28 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bert,

Welcome to the 8mm Forum. Best of luck with Super8warehouse!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Bert Haagsman
Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2012 08:53 AM      Profile for Bert Haagsman   Author's Homepage   Email Bert Haagsman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Alan,

Thanks! I tried to send you a PM, but got a message that your PM box is full. If you email me through my site (contact page), I will send you my answer by email.

Cheers,
Bert

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted November 28, 2012 09:24 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bert

It would be a great help if you could give a code of OB to indicate that the film for sale is in an original box.

--------------------
Maurice

Bert Haagsman
Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2012 09:35 AM      Profile for Bert Haagsman   Author's Homepage   Email Bert Haagsman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Maurice,
Thanks for looking. In fact, I do have an indication for Original Box. It is on the Additional Information tab. The entry for 'Box' can have two values: either 'original box' or 'other box'. When a film has its original box, there is an additional entry for 'Box condition', where a rough grading is given.
Bert

Timothy Price
Master Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2012 10:41 AM      Profile for Timothy Price   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very Cool! [Big Grin]

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 28, 2012 12:01 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have checked Bert's website many times and I should say that his website is the best super 8mm store to date. His website follows the today's trend of navigating the visitors as well as the way of grading film is much fairer for buyer because not only physical condition is graded but also the color level (which is actually this is most important for us).

His website also does not only provide a long list which sometimes confused us whether we already read it or not, but by section based on genres.

Bert, as I suggested through PM, please make a dedicated section for odd reels.

Congratulations and welcome in this forum!

--------------------
Winbert

Bert Haagsman
Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2012 02:27 PM      Profile for Bert Haagsman   Author's Homepage   Email Bert Haagsman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all,

Thanks for the welcome! And thanks for all the comments, too. Of course, there's always room for improvement.

As I said earlier, the category structure will be refined. For instance, the main category of 'digests' will be divided into subsections for the most important genres. And I also want to create a few non-genre sections that enable other ways of browsing. Two examples: a section for silent movies, and a section for odd reels (Winbert’s suggestion).

I must admit the question of grading has kept me busy for a while. I definitely wanted to say something about print condition (technical condition) as well as color, but after some experimenting with an A/B/C/D rating I found that I often had to add things like 'heavy scratch in the first reel only'. So, in the end it became a grading expressed in one or two sentences.

As is explained on the About Our Films page, unless otherwise noted, all films are presumed to be at least in 'good collectable condition’ and 'of average color' (both phrases explained on the page). I hope that is clear and workable enough, but if not, please let me know how you feel about it.

Cheers,
Bert

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2012 10:58 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Bert welcome to the forum. I will be buying from you. Super 8 is really going full steam ahead Wow! It's great for us fans and collectors. Oh nice site please let me know if you get or have the film Twenty Thousand Leagues Under ther Sea by Disney digest or feature? And Are the movies in english noted? Plus what is the dollar rates noted?

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 28, 2012 11:11 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guys, if you see the shipping quote on Bret's website, The Netherlands post has a 2 kg flat for 16 EURO.

This is cheap compare to Royal Mail (UK) which is using pro-rate system.

So buying more films will result a significant shipping discount.

--------------------
Winbert

Timothy Ramzyk
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 29, 2012 01:29 AM      Profile for Timothy Ramzyk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very professional-looking site. Nice job.

Bert Haagsman
Film Handler

- posted November 29, 2012 04:45 AM      Profile for Bert Haagsman   Author's Homepage   Email Bert Haagsman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks again for the kind words.

Laksmi, I do not have the film at the moment, but I will make a note of it and send you a PM if it should turn up.

Language: when a film is not in the original language, this is noted in the description. Another clue is the company that released the film. For instance, most German companies only sold German sound versions.

Prices are in euros, which at the time of payment are converted to dollars by Paypal. At the moment, 1 euro is about 1.29 US dollars.

Winbert, you are right about the 16.00 euros postage rate for 2kg (international signed-for rate for countries outside of Europe; shipping to Europe is cheaper). However, there's a catch: these are so-called small parcels which are restricted to a maximum size of about 15.25 x 10.5 x 1.25 inches. This size only holds one 400' reel plus one 200' reel. (Only when a customer would ask me to throw away the boxes, I could squeeze six 200' reels into a small parcel.) A larger size signed-for parcel up to 2kg is 25.60 euros outside of Europe, and between 14.30 and 20.60 for Europe (Dutch mail has different rates for various groups of European countries).

The most economical shipping rate to the US and Canada is the rate for registered parcels between 2kg and 5kg: 35.60 euros. A lot of money, but 10.00 euros of extra postage buys you 3kg of extra weight. But of course, there's a catch too: you would have to buy a lot of films ;-)

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 29, 2012 08:11 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck with the venture - it's nice to see you're keeping something going in the Netherlands. I'm sorry to hear of the closure of Top Film in Amsterdam - I went there 3 or 4 times and it was so great to enter premises where Super 8 was very much alive, and experience the friendly hospitality of Tony or his brother. The amount of new stock they still had in the late 1980s was quite something. And although their releases were not outstanding in terms of print quality, they certainly added variety to what was on the market.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2012 12:35 PM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wanted to report back that I got my film from Bert.
Shipped promptly, well packed and as described so all around great service!
Will be keeping an eye out on the site.

Cheers
Terry

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 05, 2012 01:22 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting and quite nice!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted December 10, 2012 06:13 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a problem with the site,I've tried to log on but to no avail.

Bert Haagsman
Film Handler

- posted December 10, 2012 06:25 PM      Profile for Bert Haagsman   Author's Homepage   Email Bert Haagsman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hugh,
I have been having the same problems for the past hour or so. My hosting provider tells me this is due to maintenance on the servers (it's past 1.00 AM here, a time they often pick for this kind of work). So please check back later.
Thanks, Bert

Bert Haagsman
Film Handler

- posted December 11, 2012 04:32 AM      Profile for Bert Haagsman   Author's Homepage   Email Bert Haagsman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,
As of a few hours ago, service has gone back to normal.
Bert

Super8warehouse Homepage

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted December 11, 2012 06:39 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have bought from Bert - Excellent place to shop - Cheers, Bert

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 11, 2012 12:52 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Bert ...

Hey do you ever run across any optical super 8 features? My one absolute passion is to find an unfaded super 8 opticval sound feature of "Life and Times of Grizzly Adams"! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC