8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sankyo Dualux 1000

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sankyo Dualux 1000
John A King
Junior

- posted March 25, 2013 06:22 AM      Profile for John A King   Author's Homepage   Email John A King       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
I have just bought rom ebay the above projector which worked fine until it stopped in mid film. No problem, diagnosed broken belt back to ebay and with the help of your You Tube advice replaced the belt and it appeared to work ok, except that it still has a tendency to stop mid film for no apparent reason. Mainly on longer reels and sometimes it stops immediately the lamp is turned on. Belt is ok. I am sure it is something simple. Any ideas.
Thanks John A King

--------------------
J A K

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted March 25, 2013 08:11 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am trying to remember the inside of that particular projector. Check to see if there is any skipping of wheels or disks on the take up reel.

PatD

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted March 25, 2013 12:24 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi John...it was probably my video you watched on YouTube [Smile]

The behavior you describe indicates there is something putting drag on the gears or the motor. This is happening when the take-up reel starts filling up and when you engage the projector in the full forward/light on position. How is the rewind?

As Pat has suggested...take the back off and run some film through it observing for any clues to where the problem might be originating. The Sankyo's are pretty reliable. I have several and have not seen the problem you are having. Is the new motor belt the correct size? If it's too tight this can put strain on the motor. Are the gears clean? Dirt can stick to the old grease on gears and get sticky. They may need some cleaning and new lubricant.

See what you can find and let us know.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

John A King
Junior

- posted March 25, 2013 03:51 PM      Profile for John A King   Author's Homepage   Email John A King       Edit/Delete Post 
My thanks to Pasquale & Janice for their prompt responses to my problem. Special thanks to Janice for that truly superb You Tube rendering which was really helpful. My first glance at the belt mechanism frightened the hell out of me but thanks to Janice I fitted it ok.
Unfortunately I have to leave for Spain tomorrow and I will not have the projector to hand but I will keep an eye on this forum. Hopefully I can resolve these problems when I get back early May. Thanks again J A K

--------------------
J A K

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted March 25, 2013 03:56 PM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cancel the trip or postpone it! The projector comes first! [Big Grin]

John A King
Junior

- posted March 27, 2013 04:16 PM      Profile for John A King   Author's Homepage   Email John A King       Edit/Delete Post 
My wife would kill me, I love the old movies but she doesn't like to look back, it depresses her.

--------------------
J A K

Steve Carter
Master Film Handler

- posted July 10, 2015 07:15 AM      Profile for Steve Carter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Wife just brought me home a Sankyo dualux 1000 from a charity shop, the box was still sealed and inside was untouched, reel still had cardboard inner and bag sealed, all stickers and badges in-tacked, lens cap and all extras, plug was round 3 pin with narrow blades (what country is that?)., all this for a tenner... Now when any standard 8 Collectors Club films come up, I can get them as I love silents...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC