8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Request review

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Request review
Antonio Leon
Junior

- posted April 11, 2013 02:02 PM      Profile for Antonio Leon   Email Antonio Leon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm buying a dual 8 mm projector. My expectations are:
Eumig 605,
Duo 100 and
Chinon 2000GL
Since I have enough experience for the election, I ask your opinion on these three projectors.
Thank you for your attention

|  IP: Logged

John Davis
Master Film Handler

- posted April 11, 2013 06:25 PM      Profile for John Davis   Email John Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I personally don't rate any of these. But if pushed I would say the Eumig is the best of this lot.

Antonio Leon
Junior

- posted April 11, 2013 10:26 PM      Profile for Antonio Leon   Email Antonio Leon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for your quick response. What I recommend projector, the projector is intended to digitize old films 8 mm and super 8 with EasyTransfert. I have an Elmo FP-C but I could synchronize the speed and the frame of the film.

John Davis
Master Film Handler

- posted April 12, 2013 08:42 AM      Profile for John Davis   Email John Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would have assumed the Elmo had a variable speed, certainly the Eumig 6series had a variety of speeds but not a variable speed control. I also think this series was not Eumig's finest hour in terms of quality of operation and projected image
The Chinon 2000GL has a variable speed but a poor lens and a flimsy gate.
I have no experience directly of the Duo but my suspicion is that this is also low end machine

Antonio Leon
Junior

- posted April 13, 2013 02:06 PM      Profile for Antonio Leon   Email Antonio Leon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is your opinion of the Canon P-8 CINESTAR S Dual 8MM 8 MM Movie Projector Varispeed

John Davis
Master Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2013 05:04 AM      Profile for John Davis   Email John Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure this one crops up too often this side of The Pond but some of the US members may be familiar with the P-8

Antonio Leon
Junior

- posted April 14, 2013 05:28 PM      Profile for Antonio Leon   Email Antonio Leon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, keep waiting to find something suitable to my needs and possibilities. I want to make my transfers with Easy-Transfert, and my Elmo FP-C has been giving me tin with the adjustment of the projection, and in my area no one can give service.
The Canon P-8, I have given up because I read that is very complex in its mechanics.
What me recommend projector?
I thank you for your counsel

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC