8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Eumig S 807 D no sound from film

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig S 807 D no sound from film
Barry Webb
Film Handler

- posted May 12, 2013 03:20 PM      Profile for Barry Webb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all I have just got hold of a Eumig S 807 D super 8 & standard 8 projector in near mint condition.
The film loads and runs though the machine with ease but I have no sound there is a hum from the amp.
All I know is that the main switch has been left in the play position for many years and this has caused the pinch roller to be not fully round anymore but it still seems to run ok.
I have sprayed switch cleaner in the super 8/standard 8 switch and this has made no difference.
Any help would be gratefully received.
Barry.

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted May 12, 2013 06:14 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The classic Elmo trick is to work the record key. There's no reason not to try it with a Eumig that's been idle for many years, after all the circuits can't be very different. (Maybe use your contact cleaner on that switch too..)

I'd say it you couldn't even hear hum to look at the external speaker jack, but there's no harm at looking at anything and everything at this point.

PS: I think the soundhead plugs into the main chassis. You may as well look at that connection too.

[ May 12, 2013, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: Steve Klare ]

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 12, 2013 09:20 PM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had an 810D that the sound didn't do anything and I got the advice to fiddle with the record button. So I pushed and released that button I don't know how many times and I sprayed electrical contact cleaner on the connection where the cable goes to the circuit board. I was to the point that I thought surely it couldn't be the problem. Then one day I was doing it again and it all the sudden the sound started working and now it is my most reliable projector [Smile]

--------------------
There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted May 13, 2013 05:22 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also… Remove the black back cover and you will see a wire that runs from the red record switch back. Follow it down to the electronic switch itself and squirt it with switch cleaner. With the machine turned off switch the main control knob to reverse then push the red record switch in and out 20 times. Replace the back cover and you should be OK

Barry Webb
Film Handler

- posted May 13, 2013 07:51 AM      Profile for Barry Webb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A big thanks to all a few squirts of switch cleaner and push the red button in and out and now I have great sound.
Barry.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted May 13, 2013 08:43 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the Eumig club! You now own a sound cine projector from what was the world’s largest manufacturer of cine equipment.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC