8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Cyberlink Power Director 12 Ultra

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cyberlink Power Director 12 Ultra
Cory Temple
Junior

- posted November 14, 2013 09:25 PM      Profile for Cory Temple   Email Cory Temple   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, I have a new computer that has Power Director 10 on it but was going to upgrade to 12 Ultra, OR would it be better to go with Adobe Premiere Elements 12? I will be doing 8mm transfers to DVD with the Sankyo Dualux 2000H projector and the Sony DCR-TRV900 camcorder using the Ambico V-0652 transfer box. Just looking for opinions and if one software program is THAT much better then the other? Thanks!

|  IP: Logged

John Selph
Junior

- posted November 15, 2013 12:13 PM      Profile for John Selph   Email John Selph   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cory,
I have used Pinnacle products as well as Premiere in the past and have recently settled on MoviePlus by Serif. It is an inexpensive software package that does everything I need it to do, and I haven't even scratched the surface of it's capabilities. I use a setup similar to yours for converting 8mm and Super 8mm film, as well as VHS, 8MM Videotape, Hi8 Videotape and Digital 8 Videotape to DVD (I have a lot of old family footage as well as all my tapes from VHS to present). One of the nice features is that you can capture, edit, and burn, all within the application, unlike some of the other programs I've used.
Just my 2 cents worth,
John

--------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
- Groucho Marx -

Cory Temple
Junior

- posted November 15, 2013 06:40 PM      Profile for Cory Temple   Email Cory Temple   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks John! Anyone else?

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC