8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » New Product List The Reel Image/CHC

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Product List The Reel Image/CHC
Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2014 11:52 AM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know this is a thread that comes up every now and then, but it later gets locked or buried. I'd like to keep it simple and clean. Just a dedicated thread listing all the new product films available from The Reel Image and CHC. No more, no less.

No talk about the German Lab or anything else. These films exist. This is a simply a list of them.

Threads in the past have gone off topic and others have been less than complete with their list. I'll continue to update it.

The lists are available when subscribing to these two groups but I don't think it would be a detractor to list them here. As you still need to subscribe to place orders.

Here goes:

FEATURES
Abbot & Costello Meet Frankenstein
Chicken Run
From Russia with Love
Godzilla
A Hard Day's Night
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Jurassic Park
Mask of Zorro
Psycho
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Rambo First Blood
Rear Window
Rio Bravo
Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars Return of the Jedi
Star Wars Revenge of the Sith
Tarantula
Titanic
Tomorrow Never Dies
Vertigo
The World is Not Enough
Young Frankenstein

TRAILERS
Action Trailer Reel
Ed Wood
Dolby Logos
Gamera vs Jiger
Gladiator
Godzilla vs Ghidorah
Inception
Spiderman III
Super 8
Tron Legacy
What Is Cinemascope

EXTRACTS/SHORTS
Boat Builders
Goldeneye Pre-credit sequence
Hollywood Picnic

DIGESTS
Captain America

Please post what I'm missing and I'll add them!

[ January 15, 2014, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: Ernie Zahn ]

--------------------
Check out the trailer for my feature length Spaghetti-style Western:

Six and Bisti

|  IP: Logged

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2014 01:32 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its new for me, that Star Wars and Return of the Jedi are again available? Both was Derann release, maybe someone bought the negatives from Derann?

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2014 01:37 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ernie, No one has to subscribe to any of the dealers to place an order....

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2014 01:40 PM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure the Derann negatives were destroyed. These are German source. I don't know if they are negatives but they are available on Super 8. Not cheap though. As with many of these.

Hi Joe, due to volume of inquiries Steve prefers to deal with subscribers. Which is a totally acceptable policy. Though he probably wouldn't turn away a willing buyer.

--------------------

Six and Bisti

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted January 15, 2014 01:58 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve sold me several films (and an ST-1200HD) before I subscribed, but it's always nice to find "The Reel Image" in my mailbox, so I'm glad I did.

Here's some missing from the list above that I've either bought from Steve or have seen at CineSea:

Shorts:
Weatherbeaten Melody
Aral gas ad.

Trailer:
The Living Desert (Disney)

I saw one reel of "The World is Not Enough" a few CineSeas back, it was spectacular! The same goes for "Captain America".

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2014 04:15 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was also surprised to see Star Wars available. How much do these new features cost (depending on length)?

Graham S

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted January 15, 2014 04:49 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You beat me to it, Graham. I also was wondering about the cost of these.

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2014 05:01 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A friend of mine told me that they are thinking about a release of Star Wars but I thought it is a unfounded rumor.
It is only possible that they struck it from a special edition 35mm master.

Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2014 08:17 PM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry! Everyone. Star Wars was a mistake. I'm taking it off. Empire and Jedi, however, are available.

Sorry for getting hopes up.

--------------------

Six and Bisti

Koen Keevel
Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2014 12:37 AM      Profile for Koen Keevel   Email Koen Keevel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

Is this list actualiteit and real?
Looks like a nice list of films except the Star Wars part.
But what kind of prices should I think of when buying?

Koen

--------------------
---
Happy owner of a Bauer T610 and Hokushin SC-210

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 16, 2014 12:49 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ernie, on CHC website (http://www.classichomecinema.co.uk/) there is a section for film releases (on the left hand side no. 8 from the top). You can add some from there to complete your list.

--------------------
Winbert

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2014 02:54 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Return of the Jedi must be also an mistake but I can confirm all the other titles, they are few more:
For example: Ice Age and Spiderman

Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2014 08:45 AM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Oemer, Ive been told by multiple sources that Jedi is in fact available. I'll keep it up there until I get a definite no.

Winbert, that list on the CHC site is an example. The list itself is out of date by a number of years. Most of those films are not in production.

--------------------

Six and Bisti

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2014 06:41 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I checked this with my contact and Return of the Jedi is not in Germany available. They are thinking about Star Wars, but if they release something new, it would be "James Bond The Spy who loved me".

Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2014 11:54 AM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It may be something that the lab gets supplied with on a case to case basis. There have been a couple threads about it too. CHC has a lot of prints that get sent to the lab based on demand.

Many of them don't get printed because there's not enough volume to justify it.

Case in point, I asked Phil for a print of Classic Nostalgia Reel #1. He says he has the negative but no one else wants it right now so it's not economical to send out for one print. Therefore the 35mm source just sits on a shelf. ROTJ may be sitting on a shelf in the back room at CHC as we speak.

Steve send 35mm source prints for producing too.

--------------------

Six and Bisti

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted January 17, 2014 02:42 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was interested to see the trailers
Gamera vs Jiger
Godzilla vs Ghidorah
which are new to me. They should be good fun. Does anyone have either or both? Is the latter the 1990s film 'Godzilla vs King Ghidorah'?

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2014 05:28 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have both those trailers in super 8 and they are excellent. Godzilla vs, King Ghidorah (1991) is masked and Gamera vs. Jiger (released to U.S. TV in 1970) is scope and both are in German. Lots of monster footage!

Bill [Smile]

Michael Scheck
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2014 09:30 AM      Profile for Michael Scheck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ernie:
I just bought the following shorts new at CHC's:

Buddy's Theatre (WB-Cartoon, b/w)
For Better Or Nurse (Popeye)
The Chubbchubbs (CGI)

Furthermore, Phil told me the following shorts are available:

Mickey Saves The Airmail
Donald Applecore
The Dover Boys Of Pimento University (WB-Cartoon)
Rookie Bear (Barney Bear)

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 21, 2014 02:44 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here are some more titles available as brand new prints:

The General (Buster Keaton)
Nosferatu
The Mummy (1999)
Ulisse (Kirk Douglas)
The Flame and the Arrow
The Rescures
Robin Hood (Kevin Costner)
Pinocchio
Godzilla
James Bond 007 you only live twice
Berge in Flammen(Luis Trenker)
Der Berg ruft (Luis Trenker)
Der Rebell (Luis Trenker)
Don Camillo
Le retour de Don Camillo
The Man who knew to much
Sharks and Small Fish
Winnetou 1 (Apache Gold)
Once upon a time in the west

Christian Schatz
Film Handler

- posted January 21, 2014 03:11 AM      Profile for Christian Schatz   Email Christian Schatz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice titles ... can someone tell the prices?

--------------------
KINOTON FP30D w/ 1kW Xenon & FP30 w/ 1.6kW Xenon
BAUER SONOLUX II w/ 36V/400W Halogen
CARL ZEISS TK35/52 w/ 36V/400W Halogen
ELMO ST-1200D M&O 24V/250W Mod with Schneider Lens 1.1 / 11-25

Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 21, 2014 08:49 AM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't realize there was so many titles you can get new. This is a nice list. I don't know the prices exactly but my understanding is most are in the $700-1000 range depending on the length. The Captain America digest I recently got is 34 minutes and that was $229 and most features are atleast 3 times longer then that.

--------------------
There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness

Koen Keevel
Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2014 12:40 PM      Profile for Koen Keevel   Email Koen Keevel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

This list, how do you get them, and if I see a film that I like, is it possible to buy?
And are there any prizes mentioned somewhere?
Quite new here, so thats why I ask

Cheers

Koen

--------------------
---
Happy owner of a Bauer T610 and Hokushin SC-210

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC