8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » 8mm projector...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 8mm projector...
Vin Collins
Junior

- posted February 14, 2014 11:07 PM      Profile for Vin Collins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had a question, I notice when I am running film thru my projector the film on the front reel goes "slack" (it bows outward) every so often and its as if the take up reel on back has to catch up and pull the film taught again...the film picture on screen is not affected but this "slack action" does not look normal? Is the belt or something inside going bad?

|  IP: Logged

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 15, 2014 02:08 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A picture and/or information about which projector is doing this but yes, it is probably a belt or something inside the feed reel arm if that is where the slack is....If the feed reel is where it is "slacking" or drooping then the take-up reel should not be the cause since there should be sprockets in between, which would be why the image on the screen looks normal... It may be that both reels arms need to be examined..If you post a picture someone on here will be familiar with the model and can help you straighten it out..

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 15, 2014 02:33 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It could be a friction issue on the front (supply reel) arm, or maybe the spool is not evenly wound (does it happen with all films?). Anyway a picture and/or model type could help...

For instance coaxial-reel Eumig's (series 900) tenbd to do this in some circumstances that have been discussed recently).

--------------------
Maurizio

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted February 15, 2014 04:34 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The machines with no front/top sprocket tend to need a fairly free front spool so tend to do that as the claw takes the film through with no sprocket helping.

That set up causes quite a bit of odd front reel movement. Run out then not etc.

Best Mark.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC