8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Lord of the Rings and Batman 1989

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lord of the Rings and Batman 1989
Richard Fullerton
Film Handler

- posted March 17, 2014 04:43 PM      Profile for Richard Fullerton   Email Richard Fullerton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

I watching the Lord of the Rings recently and, whatever one's opinions of the films are, they would undeniably look wonderful projected.

I know of trailers existing, and the derann Mines of Moria extract- but is there anything else available? Non-official releases? Or has anyone seen a 35mm feature copy of one of them?

The same questions go for Burton's Batman. I know of a trailer, but is there anything more to find?

Have a nice day,
Richard.

|  IP: Logged

Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 17, 2014 07:29 PM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know about Batman but I did hear about the possibility of one of the Lord of the Rings films being released on Super 8. I saw a link that mentioned it. I came across it not too long ago but I can't for the life of me find the link. I have no clue if the rumor is substantiated so unless someone has concrete evidence, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

They are pretty long movies. It'd be probably fit on two 1600' reels that are overflowing!

--------------------
Check out the trailer for my feature length Spaghetti-style Western:

Six and Bisti

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2014 09:47 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lord of the Rings would be roughly 3600' ft pr movie for the cinematic versions (4000' for the last film), whilst the extended editions would run 4800' to 5600' on Super 8. That's a lot of reels!

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2014 10:36 AM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'd be down for 2x600' digests per film. On a 1600' reel you'd be able to have a great show opener.

For a series like it would really require an excellent edit to make it work since these are well known for their length.

--------------------
Check out the trailer for my feature length Spaghetti-style Western:

Six and Bisti

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 18, 2014 12:05 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Ernie ...

Way too many reel changes for me, but 2X600ft for each would be fantastic!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 18, 2014 01:44 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No Chance.

Lovely trailers and a 1x400ft from a company far, far away...

That's it folks.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted March 18, 2014 10:02 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you collect 16mm, you can still order new scope trailers for all three LOTR films from Robbies Reels:
http://www.robbiesreels.com/trailers.htm

I know there are adapted scope copies of the features 'out there' on 16mm, but almost impossible to find of course.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC