8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Repair of old 10MS projector (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Repair of old 10MS projector
Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted November 29, 2014 12:27 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also use an editor/viewer to clean my films...but if you don't have one...then using your projector is the next best thing. I like to use a combination of alcohol and mineral spirits to clean my film...however if you just have alcohol that will do and it will not harm your film. I think this works better than just a cloth...since the cloth can build up an electrostatic charge on the film...and sometimes attract even more particles.

-

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

|  IP: Logged

Ron Crandall
Junior

- posted November 30, 2014 05:57 PM      Profile for Ron Crandall   Email Ron Crandall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Martin. I did this last time and it made a big difference. I just hadn't given it that much attention before, but now I know it is necessary.

--------------------
An old 8mm, S8mm, VHS, and digital video nut

Ron Crandall
Junior

- posted December 21, 2014 03:12 PM      Profile for Ron Crandall   Email Ron Crandall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I appreciate all the help I've received trying to get my BH 10MS variable speed projector working well for transfer of S8mm films. Here are two other issues I am encountering: (1) I get a bright "hot spot" on the "screen" where the light reflects back into the camera. I suppose there is a preferred paper or other white screen to use, but so far I haven't found it. (2) The image brightness isn't uniform. It appears darker in the upper corners of the image. With my BH 1623 I got beautiful bright focused images, but couldn't eliminate the flicker. I feel caught between one problem and another. Suggestions?

--------------------
An old 8mm, S8mm, VHS, and digital video nut

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC