8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Fixing a Sankyo 2000

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fixing a Sankyo 2000
Sherwin Dubren
Junior

- posted November 23, 2014 09:29 PM      Profile for Sherwin Dubren   Author's Homepage   Email Sherwin Dubren   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My cousin wants help in fixing his Sankyo 2000 projector. He has not used it for years and when he went to run it recently, it seemed to fire up, except the sprocket wheels were not turning. Most likely damaged or worn belts. I see on the web where replacement belts are available. Are the 2000 belts kind of generic to Sankyo 2000, or do we need specifically belts for that model? Also, we no longer have a manual for it. Is the belt replacement a simple thing to slip off the old and slip on the new belt, or is more disassembly required?

--------------------
Shy

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted November 24, 2014 01:21 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sherwin...I assume you are referring to the Sankyo 2000H. If the supply reel and take-up reels are not spinning then it most likely needs a new belt. You should remove the back cover and check the condition of the belt. Most likely it has stretched and possibly turned to goo. If this is the case you will need to clean up any rubber residue with alcohol and Q-tips. Order the belt on Ebay... specifically sized for the Sankyo 2000H. As far as installation it's a little tricker than installing on the Sankyo 1000. You have to remove a small cover plate in the front of the projector behind the bulb to allow the belt access to the back of the pulley.

First remove the lamp...then loosen the two screws as indicated to remove the plate guard.

-

....then replace the belt using the same process as I've demonstrated in this video for the Sankyo 1000.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rog95Djbtpc&list=UUzhVuBJou11ziWdERi0ZGuQ&index=15

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2014 02:58 AM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What would we do without you janice your superb

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC