8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Elmo St1200HD M: Foot Counter Belt Repair (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Elmo St1200HD M: Foot Counter Belt Repair
Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted December 26, 2014 06:42 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's needed here are instruments that aren't as sexy, but more useful.

-on my projectors I want a readout that tells me the useful lifetime left in the lamp.

On my car how about an engine temperature gauge? My old car had one and as my radiator became congested it kept me out of a world of trouble!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 26, 2014 06:59 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Good idea the lamp hour meter Steve! Cannot imagine it would at all difficult fitting one in series with the lamp circuit via a relay.
All it would need to have is a simple digital hour counter with a reset button taking its trigger from the relay or CT etc.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted December 26, 2014 07:46 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only question is do you want it counting down from the rated hours or up from zero with a sticker next to it.

Could be very informative: if you keep blowing lamps with 20 hours left either your lamp voltage is too high or you have ball of cat hair clogging an air passage!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted December 26, 2014 07:56 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I would want it counting up Steve. The lamps are rated at 50 hours, but they seem to last much much longer now since changing out both the lamp holders for new on the two machines I use the most.

I would still be interested in scientifically measuring this though and it would, as you quite correctly point out Steve, indicate at an early stage when airways etc are becoming blocked or lamp holders are becoming worn again.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 26, 2014 09:52 AM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if the counter time is supposed to match this time in as well? Always wondered what this count in is for as well....Tells you when to sit down quick with the popcorn?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY5gFEO2sao

You can also learn alot from this gal- ha ha ha ha!!! At least she likes elmo's!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WN188Ix3byA
The counter on a camera apparently was to tell how much of a 50' reel was left.....you would think the logic would continue onto the actual projector.

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC