8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » CAM and nokken trial for the Bauer studioline series (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: CAM and nokken trial for the Bauer studioline series
Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted March 03, 2015 02:47 PM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello readers of this forum,

On the basis af many requests we have developed a new CAM and nokken for the Bauer T5xx T6xx projectors.

-

We have built this set in two of our own projectors and these seem te work fine. Before I bring this to the market I want to be 100% sure that it is ok.

Therefore I want to do a small trial.
For the first 5 responders to this message you will get a set with CAM and nokken for free.

The only thing I ask is to put an order in our webshop (http://shop.van-eck.net) for any article, and add in the comment field that the want to set of CAM and nokken for free for the trial. We will add then this set to your order.

Please only participate if you have the time to build it in a Bauer projector and provide me feedback.

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 03, 2015 02:49 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I will always be first on your list Edwin for quality replacement Bauer T610 parts, paid for or otherwise! [Smile]

I am more than happy to pay for mine Edwin as I cannot exchange my perfect recently replaced originals until the time is right.

A Beaulieu set wouldn't go a miss either Edwin! [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Pete Richards
Master Film Handler

- posted March 24, 2015 08:08 AM      Profile for Pete Richards   Email Pete Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the Bauer T610 and would love to try this out.

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted March 24, 2015 08:44 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Pete,

That is ok!

The only thing I ask is to put an order in our webshop (http://shop.van-eck.net) for any article, and add in the comment field that the want to set of CAM and nokken for free for the trial. We will add then this set to your order.

Note also that we recently have launched new reel holders for the Bauer studioline projectors.

-

Bauer T500 T600 series, supply reel holder - super8, PP-0037 (new)

New improved version. On the original reel holder, reels with a slightly widther hole in the middle, tend to fall off.

Using this improved reel holder, the reels keep firm and stable on the projector.

Suitable for Bauer T500, 502, 510, 520, 525, 600, 610 and similarly designed models.

This part is newly designed using 3D printing technologies.

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Pete Richards
Master Film Handler

- posted March 24, 2015 11:19 AM      Profile for Pete Richards   Email Pete Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Edwin, I just ordered a belt set for the T610, it could use a new set.
The image is a little jittery on the projector, even with the gate pressure adjusted, so I will be interested to see if the replacement cam helps.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 24, 2015 05:29 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Almost certainly will Pete when fitted and adjusted correctly. [Smile]

Don't forget Pete, it is Cam and Cam Follower insert (fitted to the Claw arm) that will need fitting, not just Cam.

Often the Follower is more worn than the Cam.

Also make sure both extension springs are healthy at the time of fitting or replace.

Then a full set up will be required Pete for penetration and framing centralisation correction.

--------------------

Pete Richards
Master Film Handler

- posted March 24, 2015 06:55 PM      Profile for Pete Richards   Email Pete Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm new to this projector, so am still finding my way around it.
Where would I get the other parts I need?

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 24, 2015 07:00 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
They come together Pete. I will send you the relevant literature tomorrow Pete to remove the shutter shaft and carry out the repair successfully if you follow it word for word and work to a high standard of accuracy.

Hopefully your springs will be ok but otherwise you are either having to beg FFR or Kinotechnik Rinser or indeed Edwin.

--------------------

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted May 27, 2015 08:04 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi readers, here an update on the development process of the new CAM and CAM follower for the Bauer projectors.
The first version (shipped to some members of this formum) works fine in one of our filmscanners. It is still running daily for several hours and works fine.

We have improved the CAM now that it also works in a normal projector where the shutter is not removed. This one is also working fine.

However, the noise level is higher then the original CAMs. We are working on some solutions to fix this. Hopefully we can solve this as well, and bring it to the market.

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 27, 2015 08:19 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I find the surface finish to be far rougher on your replicas Edwin than the originals. If you can manufacture these to a smooth fine finish while retaining the polymer strength to make them durable throughout their lifespan, then I reckon you will have cracked it and the noise levels will hopefully subside.

I am still using the original parts FFR fitted to mine just over 2 years ago now. I use the projector for at least 8 hours a week and all is still fine by keeping on top of the lubrication using special Dow Corning synthetic grease and oil for use on nylon reciprocating parts in industry.

--------------------

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted July 15, 2015 10:06 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think we are very close to completion the cam and nokken!
We have made an improved design and the noise level is now very much reduced. A bit more noise then the original CAM and nokken, but very acceptable! Also we changed the design, so that it can be used also (as the original ones) with a shutter.

It is running in our labs now and we are doing some additional stress-tests. I think we can bring these on the market (for shipment as parts you can build in yourself) within the next month.

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted July 15, 2015 02:36 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Once completed, I will happily purchase the MK2 version of these Edwin.

When I come to having to fit one of these again, I would want it to be using the finest parts possible to get as close as possible to retaining the original running noise levels.

The prototype one I had from you, as reported, appeared as though it would run substantially noisier than the originals due to the surface finish being less smooth.

Hopefully this is now rectified on this modified version. [Smile]

[ July 15, 2015, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2015 10:04 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

The Bauer CAM and Nokken are ready. I am now adding these to our webshop and I need your help with the following questions:
* What are the correct terms for these parts in English, Dutch, German,.... ?
* What are the official Bauer parts numbers for these parts?
(I have a repair guide for the Bauer series, but miss the spare parts manual. Also the copy of the repair guide I have is of bad quality and am looking for a better scan/copy)

This is how they look like:
 -

And here a picture, build into a film projector. Note that on the right you see also that the Frame adjustment knob has been repaired with the 3d printed repair-kit for that (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13RAPLlRGwU&feature=youtu.be )

-

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 05, 2015 10:13 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Shutter Shaft Cam and Claw Arm Follower in English Edwin, to give them their full correct titles.

Cam & Follower does it though Edwin. Everyone knows them as this here.

Give me until tonight to dig out the service manual Edwin for original part numbers unless someone posts them first. If memory serves me correctly, I don't remember seeing actual part numbers in my Bauer service manual. It is nowhere near as comprehensive as the Beaulieu or Elmo service manuals, no test points or values given for the electronics etc etc.

Nice work BTW!

--------------------

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2015 10:13 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Even though I am not the most aknowledgeable person on these, I'd say "Shutter cam" and "shutter cam follower", the latter being the part to be fitted to the claw arm. Am I correct, fellas?

Simoultaneous posts from me and Andrew: moderators plese delete mine. Thank you

--------------------
Maurizio

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 05, 2015 10:15 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Yours is just fine Maurizio! [Wink] [Razz]

--------------------

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2015 04:39 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your suggestions!

The Bauer Shutter Shaft Cam and Claw Arm Follower are now ready for sale!

-

-

I have updated the spare part finder with these new parts:
http://www.van-eck.net/itable.php?lang=nl&size=0&cat=film&merk=13&type=T502%20Automatic%20Duoplay

I have currently 20 of these parts each on stock. Orders we get today can be delivered this week. Later orders are processed after our vacation

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 06, 2015 04:49 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I shall order a set later today Edwin. Thanks for the update.

No original part numbers by the way in my service manual unfortunately.

The link you sent Edwin, does not show these parts yet unfortunately. Please let us know when updated so we place our orders.

--------------------

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2015 05:05 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The link should be working, but to be sure, here is the link to the English version of the Bauer T502 spare part finder:
(maybe press F5 in the browser)

http://www.van-eck.net/itable.php?lang=en&size=0&cat=film&merk=13&type=T502%20Automatic%20Duoplay

Direct links to the webshop:
http://shop.van-eck.net/?_globalsearch=pp-0015
http://shop.van-eck.net/?_globalsearch=pp-0020

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 06, 2015 05:53 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
The link worked Edwin and took me to the index page for all the Bauer machines. But when you then go to the T610 page, the Cam & Nok were not listed yet?

Lots of other parts, framer kit, lampholder, reel hub etc etc but not yet the Cam & Nok unless my eyes deceived me.

I've just tried again and still cannot find these specific parts under T610 section.

However, the direct link to these parts works fine Edwin so I can at least now place the order later today thanks.

--------------------

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2015 06:04 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok. Good!
Products are listed for the Bauer T502 projector (for the other Bauer studioline projectors,it will be added soon also)

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 06, 2015 06:08 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Edwin, do you stock small bottles of silicone oil for keeping the felt pad soaked on these?

--------------------

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2015 06:15 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good that you ask that.
Instead of silicone oil we use Molykote G-4500 grease to lubricate the moving parts in the Bauer film projectors.
It is very important that there is planty of lubricant on the shutter cam shaft and felt pad.
See:
http://shop.van-eck.net/?_globalsearch=molykote

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 06, 2015 06:30 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I use Dow Corning Molykote grease myself to lubricate the cam on these and have been doing since first owning one, but I think grease is too thick to absorb into the felt pad as it should and therefore I have been using silicone oil as Bauer did just on the felt pad but I was just wondering if you stocked the oil.

It can be got elsewhere but I would have picked up a small bottle from you had you have stocked it.

The original special silicone grease used by Bauer was a Bosch product but can no longer be found. The Dow Corning Molykote is the best present day alternative for the Nok & Cam I have found over the years.

--------------------

Edwin van Eck
Master Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2015 07:05 AM      Profile for Edwin van Eck   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thx. Add silicone oil later to our assortment!

--------------------
Edwin van Eck
Van Eck Video Services

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC