8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Changing cxl/cxr bulb to LED using kit (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Changing cxl/cxr bulb to LED using kit
Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted July 14, 2015 03:54 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Somehow Steve, I can't see that baby sitting inside the lamphouse of either the Beaulieu or the Bauer but a beast in the making indeed it is!!

This whole topic reminds me a lot of what once mobile phones in their infancy looked like!! From House brick to Hand bag almost overnight.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

|  IP: Logged

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted July 14, 2015 05:00 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I should be able to report on my external light box next week. Ive ordered jacketed solid core 1/2 inch fiber optic cable to feed the projector. I went with 1/2" to capture as much light at the entrance. I will be working with Cree LEDs at the light box outputting about 3000 lumens. Not sure how much of that I will lose. Because the light box will be external it no longer matters the light source but LED allows the light box to remain compact.
The importance is finding out if the fiber light pipe is flexible enough to be positioned properly in the projector. Stranded allows for more flexibility but it is limited in diameter.

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 15, 2015 06:07 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From that YouTube page I also found this 7,500 chip that can be used with a reflector and lens (but has a massive heat sink)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxnP-6EZ3ZQ, might just fit in a large 16mm machine though, with a smaller heat sink and the forced air cooling.
This shows how small (and in this case dangerous) a mains converter for LEDs can be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keaE7QTKTYE

Steve Hartwell
Junior

- posted January 20, 2017 07:08 PM      Profile for Steve Hartwell   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Hartwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Myron I got my LED kit and it works perfectly, I'm very pleased, thank you.

--------------------
steve
www.homemovies.ca

All times are Central
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC