8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Star Wars on 16mm... (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Star Wars on 16mm...
Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2015 12:25 AM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To be honest that's what I thought about digest prints .... but I know I am going to see them listed by newbees at really high prices!

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 05, 2015 01:37 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I forgot to comment on something that Jack said almost at the start of these posts. The original 1977 version of STAR is rather rare, as most prints are re-issues of STAR WARS, after some tinkering with the color and such by Lucas, (for instance the Derann super 8 scope print, while awesome, is from a re-release version from about 1982, if memory serves me correct), so, to find an actual 1977 version is not impossible, but certainly harder to find ...

.... but these kind of prices for faded prints? Rather embarrassing, it reminds me of that great line from the beginnings of TRUE GRIT (by the ever lovable Strother Martin) ...

"I wouldn't pay that for winged Pegasus!!" [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted December 05, 2015 05:22 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
$3701 vs $760 (incl. free shipping worldwide) !!

What is this??? Are they the same version or not?

Ps: if you live in Asia, the cost of shipping will be around $50-100

--------------------
Winbert

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted December 06, 2015 12:49 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The cheaper print was missing 30 seconds of the film during the trash compactor scene. That breaks down to $98.03 a second! I bet the seller wished he had the missing footage! [Smile]

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted December 26, 2015 02:54 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/16mm-film-STAR-WARS-LPP-Original-and-Uncut-Masterpiece-Mark-Hamill-Harrison-Ford-/291624678204?hash=item43e62f733c%3Ag%3AFVQAAOSwcBhWVdzz&nma=true&si=Sl%252 Bm3%252Fn%252F%252Bbup8iSk%252BTQcQznF9gc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

This is what a near mint print with perfect picture is going for now..$4750!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC