8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » A rare beast for someone!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A rare beast for someone!
Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 24, 2015 07:12 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
No Standard 8 PJ myself, but surely this deserves more than one bid! [Eek!]

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161891501471?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 24, 2015 07:25 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kinda Strange....

It's on 4 600 foot reels.

Has there ever been a standard 8 capable sound projector that runs 600 foot reels that isn't dual gauge?

Why not print it on Super-8 at that rate?

I know the seller (in real life) and I more than trust him to know the difference between S8 and R8, it just seems an odd combination of factors.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2015 09:37 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am interested to see if it sells for $100.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 25, 2015 01:59 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve, this projector takes 800 ft/240 m spools http://pacavideo.fr/silma240s11/index.html

--------------------
Dominique

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 25, 2015 03:35 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
I dont think that this print was ever released on Super 8mm officially. So it's a great opportunity for someone with a Standard 8mm Sound Projector like an 824 for example.

Even if only 400ft capacity, it will be simple enough to re spool if need be.

I would be looking to buy it if I had a dual gauge sound machine, that's for sure!

--------------------

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2015 09:17 AM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Psycho, Ghost of Frankenstein, the Hammer Films Evil of Frankenstein and Phantom of the Opera, as well as Munster Go Home were all released full length in Standard 8 black and white prints in the UK by Powell Films. Munster Go Home and Phantom of the Opera were the only ones re-released by Powell in Super 8 format to the best of my knowledge, but only as 400ft digests, and again in black and white only. I think that Psycho was one of the first films available to hire from Derann when they started their film hire business in the 1960's.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted November 26, 2015 11:55 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sod it i didn't see this till it was too late

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 26, 2015 01:57 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
A real shame Tom. Nice find at that price for anyone with the projector to show it on.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC