8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Apology to regular forum members. And Trailers Label.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Apology to regular forum members. And Trailers Label.
Mark Todd
Film God

- posted May 26, 2016 03:03 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I need to apologise to the regular forum members for letting something ( not on the forum or by our people ) I felt was very unfair bother me.

I should have been more thick skinned, and bit more grown up by not reacting. Shocking and surprising though it was.

I`m also struggling at bit at the moment with my head with high blood pressure and side efects from medication that are very unpleasant. But that is no, or not an excuse.

So once again I`m sorry I said and wrote the odd daft thing here, and this has been a great and concerted group effort towards a great goal.

I hope I did`nt offend or bother anyone regularly on here, and offer the same in case I did.

Perhaps taking it forward as our own, as it sprang from us, release might have been a good idea.

Best wishes allround.

Mark.

PS, What I am apologising for was my reaction which involved a bit of own self promotion on here, ( not my thing usually at all ) which I was concerned might have tread on some other peoples toes etc who put a lot of effort etc in too.

It was purely a reaction to that shock.

Perhaps I should make it clear I also contacted that person, to register my surprise, and mentioned a few dates and conversations etc at the start and during the process, but was still very polite, and nice etc and also very possitive about the whole venture.

But I`ve not heard back from them. Thats OK.

[ May 28, 2016, 05:48 AM: Message edited by: Mark Todd ]

|  IP: Logged

Barbara Strohl
Film Handler

- posted May 26, 2016 06:30 PM      Profile for Barbara Strohl   Email Barbara Strohl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you try using the search? Put in your own name and you will get all of your posts.

--------------------
Barb

I'm an amateur noob. Please be gentle.

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted May 26, 2016 06:41 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=010580

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted May 26, 2016 06:57 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Jason, and Barbara, helped me clarify something important I needed to sort out.

And that was the post where I deleted the names of the proposed trailers to keep the release safe if you will. Thanks.

Best Mark.

[ May 27, 2016, 04:32 AM: Message edited by: Mark Todd ]

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted May 26, 2016 09:51 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark - my advice, for what it's worth, is don't be too hard on yourself! I don't think anyone has been offended and if the new release comes off, you can be sure that lots of us will be celebrating, and also appreciating the part you played in it. I expect many of us (including me) wish we more thick-skinned in relation to the regular stresses and frustrations that life throws up!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 26, 2016 11:50 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
In Celebration of Mark's great initiative to get this all started in the first place, regarding this release....

any prints of this we finally get to hold in our hands should simply be referred to as "The Hot Toddy Release!" [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted May 27, 2016 02:03 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Lads,Adrian was at lift off too, and most importantly it really has been an overall great joined hands effort.

We`ve all done it together.

Maybe on the back, in a little corner, note, on any release it could say " Supported, and made possible by an 8mm Forum Initiative, or 8mm Collectors Initiative " or similar.

I think that would be nice.

Fingers, toes, and any other things crossed it can happen with all of the great possitivity its generated.

Best Mark.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted May 27, 2016 08:02 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't suggest tempting fate by doing anything before we know that a release is definite, but one possibility in terms giving the forum a small 'credit' would be for us to offer to design, produce and supply a special illustrated box label. This might even help make it a collectable item that could sell in greater quantities, thus improving the chances of further releases.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted May 27, 2016 08:16 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That would be really good Adrian.

A nice rear label design with a couple of pics, and a little bit of text etc too would help lift it as well.

All sounds good, so fingers crossed on a first couple of items needed.

Best Mark.

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 28, 2016 07:17 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some nice artwork would be great Mark bur the main thing is it gets released, Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC