8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Help with autoload on Bell 266B

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help with autoload on Bell 266B
Jim Karl
Junior

- posted June 22, 2016 02:25 PM      Profile for Jim Karl   Email Jim Karl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
having a problem with this projector autoloading. Film is getting caught pass the lens at the bottom when trying to make the turn around the wheel. See pic. Any help would be appreciated. Fixed belts/power supplies etc and can repair with some minor guidance as to the cause, though ignorant about the most of the mechanics.
Google Drive pic of projector path

|  IP: Logged

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted June 22, 2016 08:06 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jim...I have a different model than yours...but the film path and threading is pretty much the same on many of these B&H projectors.

Here are some basic trouble shooting tips:

1) Use the film cutter on the head of the film to make sure it feeds correctly.
2)When threading the film...depress the film threading lever down until the projector pulls the film from the front reel (about 6 inches) ....then release the film threading lever.
3) Clean the film path/gate and rollers with alcohol.
4) Check that there isn't any broken pieces of film blocking the path.
5) Check that the plastic guides are clean and not cracked or broken.
6) Check that the claw (the pin that inserts into the sprocket holes to pull each frame of the film down) is not broken or bent.

Does the film get jammed and start to accordian when making the lower turn?...OR Does the film stop and not move forward into the lower feed roller?

Here are some pics of my machine where I've manually threaded some white leader to check the path. Compare yours to this.

-

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Jim Karl
Junior

- posted June 22, 2016 08:56 PM      Profile for Jim Karl   Email Jim Karl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
EDITED - Success!

Not sure which it was was but I did 3 things
1) Cut the tape end with the cutter. Not sure I actually cut it correct though, it looks like a triangle at the tip?
2) Let go of the lever once the unit took over
3) Cleaned the path with alcohol

One or more of them now autoloads perfect. Tried 10 times in a row!

[ June 22, 2016, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: Jim Karl ]

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted June 22, 2016 11:54 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Jim! That's good news. Most likely it was the combination of using the trimmer and releasing the thread lever.

Here's how the trimmed film should look:
 -

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Jim Karl
Junior

- posted June 23, 2016 12:37 AM      Profile for Jim Karl   Email Jim Karl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice - Thank you VERY much for all your help! I learned a LOT today and that actually makes me happier then the fact the projector is actually working fine now. Really appreciate the support and super glad I joined this site now. Thanks again!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC