8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » The Haunted House - The Bowery Boys

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Haunted House - The Bowery Boys
Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2016 05:25 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got a Fletcher Films release entitled "The Haunted House" with The Bowery Boys, does anyone know what film this was taken from, the extract opens with the boys in a night club, as singers, if that helps.

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted July 01, 2016 05:57 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
See the "other place of worship" Barry. [Wink]

[ July 01, 2016, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: Andrew Woodcock ]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2016 09:01 AM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ghost Busters?
I was wondering this myself the other week when we were trying to find more 'haunted' type movies for the kids...I went through my East Side Kids/Bowery Boys...and i think it is Ghost Busters(or Spook Busters)...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spook_Busters

There are a couple other 'ghost' related ones, but i thought this may be the one...

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2016 10:05 AM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is a cut down of the 1943 film "Ghosts on the Loose" directed by William Beaudine and co starring Ava Gardner in a very early role. This is the film where Bela is supposed to say a rude word instead of a sneeze that was left in the final cut, however it sounds like just a sneeze to me. I have both the Fletcher 1X400ft reel version and the 3X400ft version of this film. I hoped that there might be additional scenes in the digest but there weren't any. My digest however is a better print than the feature version but the feature does have all the original titles and credits, which is quite rare for Fletcher Films as they changed the names on most of their releases.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted July 01, 2016 10:06 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fletcher Films turned out a variety of Super 8 releases.

--------------------
Maurice

Jason Moffatt
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2016 10:17 AM      Profile for Jason Moffatt   Email Jason Moffatt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fletcher along with portland/mountain and a few other 8mm labels released quite a few videos in the early pre cert days 1979-84 and were quite sucessful until the new certification laws came in.

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2016 11:13 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Paul,

Many thanks, I'll add that to my description.

Mathew James
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2016 12:47 PM      Profile for Mathew James   Email Mathew James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...another one of my 'haunted' favourites. Bowery Boys had a couple haunted house films.
Ghosts on the loose used to be called Ghost in the night, but was changed in early 1943 to Ghosts on the Loose...
This title continuously loops on filmon classic films channel which i watch on my smarttv at least once a week..I should have recalled this one!

--------------------
--
Cheers,
Matt 📽

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC