8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Pictures From CineSea 14 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Pictures From CineSea 14
Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2016 04:12 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Claus, can't thank you enough for the great photos and description. Next best thing to being there (so far). Blessings to you!

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 31, 2016 06:58 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Once again, these pictures make feel sorry all those of us who have not been Lucky enough to attend this week-end (to soften the pain, we had in Europe Harpenden and the BFCC this month :-)

--------------------
Dominique

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2016 01:55 AM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, after a long day of running and talking films, one builds up a good hunger, and Simone had gotten us reservations at Alfe's restaurant. This turned out to be a great place, with comfortable group seating and excellent food. A good time was had by one and all:

-

-

-

Then it was back to mixed screenings, including some beautiful 16mm Tech cartoons:

-

...and more chapters of an on-going serial we're running, "The Crimson Ghost":

-

Then as a show-stopper, Gary Crawford appeared in performance as Groucho! (there is video of this; I have not seen it yet.)

-

A great ending to a great CineSea. Personally, I had a blast; with everything going on when we gather, it feels more like a mini-vacation with good friends than a week-end trip.

-

Thank you for the nice comments along the way; as long as you enjoy watching this, I enjoy doing it :-)

See you on the forum and in the Spring in Wildwood!
Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 01, 2016 06:55 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Truly, the finest gathering of the warmest people - Shorty

Ali Hipperson
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2016 07:10 AM      Profile for Ali Hipperson   Email Ali Hipperson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like a good-time was had by all - I hope one day I might make it back across the pond to attend in person.

The Goko 8008 does indeed look fabulous - I was able to pick-up one these (on eBay), in top condition, this past summer from a guy in Switzeralnd for a decent price [Smile]

Ali.

--------------------
We're going to need a bigger shelf!

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted November 01, 2016 09:39 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
They are, as good an editor as you can find on Super 8mm Ali. [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Ali Hipperson
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2016 10:41 AM      Profile for Ali Hipperson   Email Ali Hipperson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Andrew - from the deepest archives of my distant memory - I seem to have remembered that this was possibly considered the 'rolls-royce' of Super 8mm editing machines and that Goko were the format's market leaders?

I still have the GM5005 model I purchased back in the mid 80's - along with my first projector - the Voigtlander! [Smile]

Ali.

--------------------

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 01, 2016 11:13 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
C'mon guys!

-topic, please!

Normally it's no big deal, but this is kind of a historic record!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 01, 2016 11:17 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Claus,

Thank you so much for all your hard work. A great job as usual. I'll just add a few details.

-
Some of the films at my table. I'm using the Blackhawk display case that Shorty Caruso kindly made for the occasion.

The fun of the Saturday night screening is to see a diverse group of films that no programmer would ever think might fit together! People bring cherished/rare/wacky prints from their collections to show at CineSea because they know other film lovers will get a kick out of them.

-
Joe & Gary performing the perfect changeover during the Aliens showing.

Here's a list of the Super 8mm prints shown at Saturday's show. I'll list what I recall of the 16mm films at the end.

Derann movie theater opener, Disney's Diamond Jubilee, That's Dancing teaser trailer, trailers for The Crazy World of Laurel & Hardy & Harold Lloyd's World of Comedy. That led into the Universal 8 full length release of Who's On First.

-

-
Derann's Hammer's House of Horror #2

Steve Klare's print of Mickey's Fire Brigade
Evan Samaras' purchased at CineSea copy of U-8's 200' Jaws (great edit, good color!)

-
Shorty's print of Bela Lugosi & Oliver Hardy interviews

3D screening! Guy Taylor's print of Murder in Three Dimensions and my copy of U-8's Creature from the Black Lagoon. Thank you for the glasses, Claus!

Scope show: Trailers for Daleks Invasion Earth, Bridge on the River Kwai and the great promo Carousel 55.

-
Jason Smith brought a terrific 200' cutdown of the original Godzilla (optical sound)

Walton's 200' Three Stooges Go West (Shorty)
Steve Klare also brought a touching newsreel that I had not seen before: The Elephant Never Forgets

The 16mm films included:
What's Opera Doc (gorgeous print!)
a Joe McDoakes one reeler: So You Want A Raise
An amazing clip from Tom Jones' TV show where he performs with Jerry Lee Lewis
The Making of Poltergeist
A trailer for The Marx Brothers' A Day at the Races, which led to the lights coming up for Gary Crawford's amazing performance as Groucho!
A beautiful Pan Am travelogue on Japan
Not 1, not 2, but 3 episodes of The Crimson Ghost!

The screening came to an end at 1 AM with the Major 8 Movies 400' excerpt from Kentucky Fried Movie, the very funny parody A Fistful of Yen.

-
70mm!

I can now announce the dates for CineSea 15:
We'll start the evening of Friday April 28, 2017 and go through Sunday April 30th.
We hope to have a fun little side excursion on early Sunday afternoon.

Start arranging those schedules!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 01, 2016 11:29 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for those extra pictures !

--------------------
Dominique

Ali Hipperson
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2016 11:34 AM      Profile for Ali Hipperson   Email Ali Hipperson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oops - ok Steve, sorry!

I'm new to the protocols on here but I'll make sure I keep to the actual topic in future.

Ali.

--------------------

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 01, 2016 11:57 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Behind the scenes:

So it's Saturday night show...I'm enjoying the films, but...nature calls!

I didn't want to wander across the beam, so I decided to go upstairs to our room. I go up the ramp, fling open the door, step through and standing there alone in the darkness is Gary Crawford dressed as Groucho Marx!

(My recent EKG now stands CONFIRMED!)

(We will treasure these memories!) [Big Grin]

--------------------

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2016 12:26 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ref that picture just labelled 70mm. That's not just 70mm but Imax 15 perforation 70mm!!!! That's why it's being held horizontally.

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2016 01:31 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great write-up and pictures Claus!

I'll share a few of my own from the surrounding area:
(Expired Porta 160 shot in Fujica GS645W)

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
...When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 01, 2016 01:34 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Artisctic pictures, Evan !

--------------------
Dominique

Joe Vannicola
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2016 02:01 PM      Profile for Joe Vannicola   Email Joe Vannicola   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cinesea is such a wonderful gathering of fellow film lovers, I'm usually one of the last to leave. I don't want it to end.

--------------------
Joe

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2016 02:06 PM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug, thanks, and glad to see the extra 'coverage.'

Evan, good work, and appropriate that we end the series with "real film" pictures. I can only imagine what they look like in full resolution.

Claus.

--------------------
"Why are there shots of deserts in a scene that's supposed to take place in Belgium during the winter?" (Review of 'Battle of the Bulge'.)

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 01, 2016 02:52 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After seeing Crawford in action, I must showcase myself someway...somehow...until then...

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted November 01, 2016 03:16 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"There is nothing so terrifying as finding a Crawford at your door in the moonlight"

-Lon Chaney

(Paraphrased, of course!)

--------------------

Louis Franchetti
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 02, 2016 08:15 AM      Profile for Louis Franchetti   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Franchetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks everyone for making this the best one yet, great pictures and captions. Hope to see you all in April.

--------------------
Louis Franchetti

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted November 02, 2016 10:18 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you to Claus, Doug, and Evan for the photos. Together they wonderfully pictorialized the people, the atmosphere, the events, and the location for all who could attend and for the many of us who couldn't. From the comments this gathering just seems to get better and better.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Claus Harding
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 02, 2016 11:39 AM      Profile for Claus Harding   Email Claus Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice,

Glad you enjoyed it. Start thinking about when you can make it to one of the shows; we'd love to meet you in person.

Claus.

--------------------

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted November 03, 2016 03:09 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Claus I would love to meet you guys too...I'm just not a very good traveler. Maybe I can talk my son into making the trip with me [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

David C. Lucidi
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 04, 2016 04:46 AM      Profile for David C. Lucidi   Email David C. Lucidi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome pictures Claus (and everyone else)!

Hoping I can make it next year, already put it on the calendar! Now if only I can keep life from interrupting [Razz]

Michael Lattavo
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 04, 2016 09:15 AM      Profile for Michael Lattavo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I already put it on my calendar too - but more importantly, I put it on my wife's calendar! Had a great time!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC