8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Mickey (Rooney) Mcguire Mystery Footage

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mickey (Rooney) Mcguire Mystery Footage
Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 14, 2017 12:15 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was recently gifted a small reel of 8mm silent film which had footage called "Mickey Mcguire in The Last Inning." It had the beginning and ending titles and showed the last inning of a baseball game. All the Mickey Mcquire series shorts were titled "Mickey's ..." and I couldn't find any just called "The Last Inning." Most likely it's was extracted from a longer movie of another name.

Are there any Mickey Mcquire collectors that can shed some light on identifying this film?

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 14, 2017 03:03 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice
It's a tremendous long shot, but how about "Death On The Diamond" (1934) when Mickey was fourteen.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0025039/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_243

--------------------
Maurice

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 14, 2017 05:34 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good try Maurice [Smile] ...I see I need to provide more info. Here are some screen caps that might help. This is definitely from the silent films and probably around 1927 or earlier. Mickey Rooney was always small so hard to determine how old he was...maybe 7 or 8?

-

--------------------
Janice

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 15, 2017 04:56 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice
I read that many of Mickey's shorts made their way into the home movie market as well as 5-minute clips of the silent shorts for toy projectors.
I have never come across a Mickey McGuire short, it seems that Our Gang beat Mickey to the home movie market.
You may find the following link of interest. Some DVDs taken from 16mm originals.
http://8store.8thman.com/m_mick.html

--------------------
Maurice

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted October 16, 2017 10:10 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Maurice for the info and link. This little footage may very well be for a toy projector. Until I can identify it's origin I guess I can hope that it's a rare piece of film [Smile] If it turns out not to be so special...well...it's still pretty cool [Cool]

--------------------
Janice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC