8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Cleaning Mask

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cleaning Mask
Bradford A Moore
Master Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2017 03:51 PM      Profile for Bradford A Moore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was talking Larry Urbanski about Filmrenew, and he suggested I use a Respirator mask for cleaning. I have never used one before, but I thought I would give it a try. In the instructions, it says you shoildn't have a beard. I do, and don't really want to shave it. Any of you have a trimmed beard, and use one. Any suggestions. Larry said keep it. I called the 800 number, and they said not to have one.

|  IP: Logged

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2017 06:18 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is why I don't use Filmrenew. I have some but my bench area is not near a window so I don't have proper ventilation. I also have a beard so Filmguard it is! [Smile]

Will Trenfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2017 07:00 PM      Profile for Will Trenfield   Email Will Trenfield   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, does Filmrenew gives off potentially hazardous fumes? Filmguard doesn't as far as I know.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted December 06, 2017 01:26 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blimy, no matter how good a cleaner is if i had to use a mask that would be ringing alarm bells for me. No fumes from filmguard [Wink]

Michael Lattavo
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 06, 2017 05:01 AM      Profile for Michael Lattavo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I use Filmrenew, I just run a fan in the basement - never had any problems.

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 06, 2017 05:27 AM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try using the C.T.C. we used to use to clean our 35mm prints away back in the day.

Even with the windows flung wide open in the film rewind room you could be spaced out for a couple of hours with the fumes.

We never had the luxury of facemasks so had to make do with a yellow cleaning duster ... If we were lucky.

Now tell that to the Filmguard users today ... and they wont believe you. [Wink] [Wink] [Wink]

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC