8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » TV shows on super 8 ... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: TV shows on super 8 ...
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 22, 2018 12:01 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, here's atopic that could potentially reveal many TV shows that i as well as so many others, may not even realize, actually made it onto super 8.

I think that this should include cartoons as well that were originally on TV, (Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound, Flinstones, jetsons, Scoobys ect. but not the classic era cartoons like Tom and Jerrys and Warners, as they were also on TV, but not actually TV productions) ...

So, let the listing begin ... [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted May 22, 2018 12:26 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are the original series Star Trek episodes.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 22, 2018 12:30 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sheesh, i'm surprised that I forgot THAT one.

I've thought of another interensting thought, I wonder what was the last TV show to make it onto super 8? It seems like nearly all shows tend to go up to the late 60's at best.

I had a print of "Department S' super 8 optical sound, but that was a late 60's british TV show as well.

I wonder if there were any 70's TV shows that made it.

I do, however, know of a "TV" item from the 70's that did make it onto super 8 ...

collections of 70's commercials on super 8! Red Fox released two 70's commercials compilations on super 8 and assorted other companies released 70's commercials as well.

--------------------

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 22, 2018 01:04 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Sweeney,The Protectors,The Persuaders,The Avengers and Strange Report all on super 8,UK shows,Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 22, 2018 02:10 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
.....The Baron,Tarzan,The Lone Ranger,The Abbott and Costello Show,Sgt Preston of the Yukon,Lassie,The Cisco Kid,Ivanhoe,too many Columbia/Hanna-Barbera cartoons (Yogi Bear,Top Cat,Flintstones,Quick Draw McGrow,etc,etc,etc), Deputy Dawg,Popeye,Foo Foo and Go Go,Manfrend Mantis,The Colgate Comedy Theater,The Gerry Anderson Supermarionations,Col March of Scotland Yard,Inner Sanctum,The Ford Television Theater,Dr Finlay's Casebook,Zorro,Snader Telescriptions,Lotte Reininger's Primrose series,Sandokan,
Gilbert and Sullivan's operettes,William Tell......

Iman Yahya
Film Handler

- posted May 22, 2018 03:18 PM      Profile for Iman Yahya   Email Iman Yahya   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Viacom released some Mighty Heroes Terrytoons on S8mm, I had 3 Spanish-dubbed prints come in recently that were still sealed in their OBs. They all had varying degrees of fade but still very nice prints on poly stock.

Also thought I spotted a couple Tales From Hoffnung cartoons on eBay recently.

Carter Bradley
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 22, 2018 03:50 PM      Profile for Carter Bradley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I own an episode of "The Abbott and Costello show" and an episode of "I Love Lucy." Both are mounted on 600' reels and are several generations removed from a quality print.

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 22, 2018 04:39 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have got 2 JASON KING episodes on super 8, released as 2x400ft editions from Technofilm, great 70s action!

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 22, 2018 05:12 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Techno also did Department S (Magnetic Sound), UFO, Black Beauty and The Baron.

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 22, 2018 07:36 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the Monty Python 'Spam" episode on super 8...it's B&W sound. Also the BUGS BUNNY MYSTERY SHOW and that is from 1980 I think. [Smile]

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 22, 2018 08:02 PM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a twilight episode and the Star Trek episodes and lost in space and was the Incredible Hulk on universal 8 and episode or the movie that started it all?

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 22, 2018 10:11 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jim,

The Universal 8 Incredible Hulk release is a combination of the series two hour pilot and an episode entitled “747”.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 23, 2018 02:35 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In that case I suppose the two Battlestar Galactica movie digests that were originally edited from several TV episodes would count as TV on Super 8.

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 23, 2018 07:35 AM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let us not forget......

This Is Your Life - Laurel and Hardy

Also I have a TV film with optical sound entitled The Shillingbury Melon on 2x 600' spools which I think came from a 1 series / 8 episode programme called The Shillingbury Tales which I have a feeling may all be available on super 8mm.

And,what about Around The Beatles? The Beatles Tokyo Concert? Live on The Ed Sullivan Show?

One more thought.... How about "Disco Beaver From Outer Space" ?

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 23, 2018 11:32 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Iman ...

I'd still look for those "Mighty hero" cartoons, as I have a low fade print of one of the episodes, the villian is "Mr. Freeze" I believe, and the color is just gorgeous and one of the best examples of a TV produced cartoon reproduced on super 8! [Smile]

--------------------

Douglas Warren
Master Film Handler

- posted May 23, 2018 12:36 PM      Profile for Douglas Warren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I once owned a complete episode of "Sky King" on Super-8. No clue who released it. The episode was mounted on a very full 600' reel.

--------------------
Turn out the lights,the movie is starting!

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 23, 2018 12:48 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian,

Absolutely, along with the Piccolo 2x400' taken from Galactica 1980. There's also "The Silent Gun" episode of The Green Hornet.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Iman Yahya
Film Handler

- posted May 23, 2018 12:49 PM      Profile for Iman Yahya   Email Iman Yahya   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, you're lucky to have found a low fade print. The Spanish-dubbed episodes I have are "The Monsterizer", "The Shrinker" and "The Shocker". The first 2 have pinked and for some reason have excessive neg speckling. The last one on the other hand has held its colours reasonably well and is nice, clean and sharp throughout. I'm sure prints in their original English language are out there somewhere.

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 23, 2018 01:00 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blackhawk did!
Continuing...Screen Directors' Playhouse, Mickey Mouse Club highlights;Tricks of Our Trade,Bucky and Pepito,Captain David Grief.....

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 23, 2018 03:48 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Talking about the Beatles there was the Derann release of "The Beatles in Concert" that looks like a TV programme and does "The Magical Mystery Tour" which has been seen on Super 8 count as its UK premier was on TV?
I also have a print (no idea of its origin) of "Navy Man" that looks like a colour film telerecording (Kinescope).

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 23, 2018 04:42 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
we have a number of TV shows on both gauges now, they get a new lease of life on the big screen,
This is your life L & H
Four Flintstones episodes,
The Avengers, positive negative man
The Avengers, Return of the Cybernaughts.
2 Top Cats,
Mash episode, Aid Station, from series 3,
Minder 5 Episodes.
The professionals, 2 episodes
Beverley hill billy's
Doctor in the house. (David Jason guest stars as an old man)
The Big valley,
Wyatt Earp
The Sweeney, (one left out of three due to fade )
The Snowman, Remember this film was first shown on screen for the first time on Super 8 thanks to Derann, this was made as a TV programme and did not have any theatrical release.
Around The Beatles TV Special, 800ft
The Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Shows,
The Beatles in concert, (200ft from the Around the Beatles reel)
Elvis 68 comeback, TV Special
The Baron, Diplomatic Immunity
Stingray. Emergency in Marineville Std 8mm Sound
Stingray. Stingray is launched Std 8mm Sound
Fireball XL5
Solo Performance, George Formby TV Special,
Scooby Doo. TV episode Lively Holiday
Scooby Doo. TV episode The haunted house
Scooby Doo. TV episode Decoy for a dog napper
Scooby Doo TV episode The counterfitters
Scooby Doo. TV episode
The Protectors. TV Episode, series 1, episode 1. 2000ft to die
Making of Magnum force
Making of Paint your wagon
Making of The Godfather.
Making of The outlaw Josey wales
Making of The Towering inferno.
Lost In Space. Full Pilot episode
Chimp antics Std 8 Sound
22 Tom & Jerry's
Yogi Bear,
2 Deputy Dawg Cartoons
The Bugs Bunny Mystery show,
Star Trek Blooper Reels,

We would would love to be able to add a dads army, or two, Thunderbirds/captain Scarlett and definatly A bilko/phil silvers show.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted May 23, 2018 07:43 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A rare Super 8 release I have is a 1979 Dick Turpin episode called 'The Upright Man'. This 2 x 400' was a very untypical DCR release.

The most recent TV on Super 8 I can think of is Wallace and Gromit 'A Grand Day Out' (1989). I think the Derann Creature Comforts 'At the Zoo' release is also from 1989.

Earlier releases include the Space Patrol episode from Red Fox/Derann, and the Derann 400' 'One Way Out', which is an edited TV play with Ida Lupino.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 23, 2018 11:32 PM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had the BBC pilot to "Dad's Army" on STD.8 and at least one episode of the TV Sherlock Holmes series from the 1950's ('The Case of the exploding Christmas Puddings') on Super 8 & STD.8.

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 24, 2018 02:54 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Checking a 1991 Derann list I found an episode of the US TV series "Space Patrol" and a reel of bloopers from the series "Cannon".

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted May 24, 2018 03:08 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Best Of Benny Hill.

--------------------
Dominique

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC