8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Ektachrome Super 8 Back, Oct 1st! (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Ektachrome Super 8 Back, Oct 1st!
Shane C. Collins
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2018 06:15 PM      Profile for Shane C. Collins   Email Shane C. Collins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I ordered a roll of Ektachrome earlier in the week and it arrived from the Kodak store yesterday. If you visit this link you will see that 100D is on back order. https://www.kodak.com/web/product/index?id=5233761800
With that in mind I'd say the film is selling quite well. Or at least that's how I see it with the back order in place.

--------------------
Projectors: Bolex 18-5L Super, Bolex 18-5 regular 8mm, Elmo FP8-C

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 05, 2018 06:34 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your answer, Shane. Europe will probaby have to wait for a while...

--------------------
Dominique

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 07, 2018 03:22 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I could reach Kodak's order page but it's still "US only". I noticed that orders are limited to 5 cartriges per customer and it seems that the first batch is still sold out so that's maybe a good new regarding the interest for super 8.

--------------------
Dominique

Shane C. Collins
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2018 10:13 AM      Profile for Shane C. Collins   Email Shane C. Collins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would assume Kodak set the 5 carts per order so more people here in the US could buy some during it's first week of release. A day or so after I bought a cart it was on back order. Let's hope the price comes down a bit after this first round. The film has been heavily promoted so I'm not surprised it sold out so fast. Would be interesting to know how many carts were produced in that first batch.

--------------------
Projectors: Bolex 18-5L Super, Bolex 18-5 regular 8mm, Elmo FP8-C

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 16, 2018 01:37 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Folks look at this for quality [Cool]

https://vimeo.com/295298303

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2018 02:52 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The colour looks natural.

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2018 04:03 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks good!

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2018 04:03 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks good!

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 17, 2018 02:54 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fellow forum member Pat and Larry from VideoStation called in yesterday with some Super 8 film transfer that was taken at the cinema. The original film was shot on Ektachrome 64T. The quality of the original film is not that great, however Larry did a really good video transfer, considering the source.

I did an edit on "Moviemaker" last night and added some copyright free music to it.... this is the results [Smile]

https://youtu.be/MdODc7bBeBQ

James Romero
Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2018 09:08 PM      Profile for James Romero   Email James Romero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Film Forever MPE now carries not only Ektachrome 100D but also 35mm E100 Slide Film. They also have the processing for their customers lined up. So color reversal film is back!

Here are the links for those interested:

Ektachrome 100D Super 8mm
Ektachrome 100D Processing
E100 35mm Color Reversal Slide Film

James Romero
Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2018 09:09 PM      Profile for James Romero   Email James Romero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Film Forever MPE now carries not only Ektachrome 100D but also 35mm E100 Slide Film. They also have the processing for their customers lined up. So color reversal film is back!

Here are the links for those interested:

Ektachrome 100D Super 8mm
Ektachrome 100D Processing
E100 35mm Color Reversal Slide Film

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 18, 2018 03:31 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With summer just round the corner I hope at the very least to get a couple of rolls of this slide film for my Canon FTB.

Its been about four years now since I last took Kodak film, and certainly looking forward to seeing the results.

By the way, apart from the not so good quality of the film I took, I also had the opportunity to include around 50 min on a 800ft reel of home movies of the Commonwealth 1974 games, that were found in a box at the heritage park I doubt have never seen daylight since they were first taken. It took me a while to join all the 50ft reels in some sort of order, but the results of the transfer so far looks great.

A lot of interesting history captured in excellent color footage....by the way remember when you used to get film transferred to VHS.. well this is how it came yesterday... [Cool]
 -
Da.. Da.... [Cool] amazing eh!
 -

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 18, 2018 03:49 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still not available in Europe. The American company "Film Forever" charges $ 60 to ship a super 8 cartrige to Belgium. More expensive than the film itself !

--------------------
Dominique

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 18, 2018 07:31 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I heard from Dwayne's today. They say that they are trying to stock up on the new Super 8 Ektachrome, and they will definitely be providing processing for it.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 20, 2018 01:43 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a crazy price Dominique and that's just for postage [Eek!] I will check things out here in NZ very soon and get back to you [Smile]

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 25, 2018 07:48 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I now have my first roll of the E100 Ektachrome slide film (arrived just now), so will shoot that over coming days! I now await the Super 8 version, hopefully arriving with UK dealers soon...

Ferannia film were beaten by Kodak who pulled this project off in about 18 months. Ferannia have taken over four years and we who crowd-funded it have nothing. Shame on you Ferannia. You ain't heard the last of this though...

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted October 25, 2018 12:08 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Simon, I feel sorry for everyone who contributed money to Ferrania - they deserved better. Seems to me that Ferrania just took the money and ran.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted October 26, 2018 03:47 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still waiting for the slide film to arrive here....
 -
[Smile]

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 26, 2018 01:13 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wittner's price will be €60, processing not included. http://www.wittnercinetec.com/epages/WittnerCinetec-Super8-16mm-Film.sf/en_GB/?ViewObjectPath=%2FShops%2FWittnerCinetec-Super8-16mm-Film%2FProducts%2F1601 Hopefully, other sources will be cheaper.

--------------------
Dominique

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2018 10:23 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have just bought some at Frame 24. This will be shown at Blackpool this year.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 29, 2018 11:09 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great, Simon !

--------------------
Dominique

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 30, 2018 03:33 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
£45, plus VAT.
https://www.frame24.co.uk/online-store/KODAK-EKTACHROME-100D-Color-Reversal -Film-Super-8-p121569074

--------------------
Maurice

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted October 30, 2018 04:38 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well sadly thats me priced out.

Once you`ve added postage`s and developing etc.

Best Mark.

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 30, 2018 04:54 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Moving forward, I’m certain dealers will be selling for less.

These were the first dealers to sell it here in the UK.

But there is cost and value. The film is costly, but the value of having images on film forever. Priceless.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted October 30, 2018 05:01 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree Simon, but once over £50 all in and possibly very well over there has to be some coffee smelling.

Saying that we don`t do a lot of that in the cine world.

Best Mark.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC