8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Ektachrome Super 8 Back, Oct 1st! (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Ektachrome Super 8 Back, Oct 1st!
Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 30, 2018 05:25 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Once other dealers stock it then you’ll see the price drop. Are you coming to Blackpool Mark to see the results?

|  IP: Logged

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted October 30, 2018 05:30 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there some being shown Simon ?

If my son can sort things with work,we are hopefully coming.

Best Mark.

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 30, 2018 05:32 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Mark. The reel of film being spoken about here will be shown there.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted October 30, 2018 05:46 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where are you getting it processed Simon.

Be great to see it if you can get it done in time.

Best Mark.

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 30, 2018 05:52 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John Salim will process it. Without doubt it’ll be ready in time as he is UK based.

Buying direct from Kodak USA by the way, brings it to £31 per film without shipping.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 30, 2018 07:11 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But, that American value of £31 will surely attract import VAT and the Royal Mail handling charge, plus of course, the postage.

--------------------
Maurice

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted October 30, 2018 08:14 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm impatient to see your film, Simon [Smile]

--------------------
Dominique

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2018 08:54 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Even at those prices, they have sold out. On Monday they had 26 in stock, now all gone.

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2018 12:11 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm very surprised that no-one has yet commented of Simon's film on this new emulsion shown at Blackpool, perhaps the other sad news has taken it off people's minds, I had mine until now.

The film shot on both cloudy and sunny weather mainly in Newcastle was to me a very good preview of what this film can do from where I was sitting (not near the front) the grain looked fine and the exposure very good. Many thanks to him for getting this done in time for us all to see.

Anyone else like to conmment

David Watson
Film Handler

- posted November 22, 2018 12:52 PM      Profile for David Watson   Email David Watson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Brian,Simon's test film was impressive,although shot on what was a
mostly overcast day the colour rendering and definition was very good and the grain structure of the film emulsion seemed very smooth.
Well Done Simon for acting so quickly and getting the first example to Blackpool a 'REEL' scoop for the dinner. The audience watched it very closely and liked what they saw.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted November 22, 2018 12:59 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian, I made a positive comment (but not at the proper place, in a comment of a picture in another thread). The new Ekrachrome is definitely a good stock.

--------------------
Dominique

Shane C. Collins
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2018 07:04 PM      Profile for Shane C. Collins   Email Shane C. Collins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I shot one roll of Ektachrome 100D last month on a sunny day. The results projected were really nice. The colors are much more natural looking compared to the old 100D. The grain is also very fine, and I'd say finer than the old formula. I don't telecine only project so I don't have any footage to share online. One word of advice to anyone shooting this on a bright day, make sure you use a neutral density filter. I shot some footage at a lake and much of that footage was at an F22 which resulted in a grainy washed out image. I cut that part out of the final film. The rest of the footage was shot in sunny/shaded areas with F stops between 8 & 16. That part of the movie turned out great! So next time I shoot this film on a bright day I will be using a 4X ND filter. I shot the footage on an Elmo Super 110.

--------------------
Projectors: Bolex 18-5L Super, Bolex 18-5 regular 8mm, Elmo FP8-C

Ben Zotto
Film Handler

- posted November 23, 2018 07:46 PM      Profile for Ben Zotto   Email Ben Zotto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great review Shane. Has anyone attempted or considered shooting the new Ektachrome indoors / artificial light? I know it's a daylight film, but since it's their sole color reversal stock, wondering to what extent you can capture interiors with it.

Paul Robertson
Junior

- posted January 05, 2019 01:11 AM      Profile for Paul Robertson   Email Paul Robertson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I am coming to the party a little late, and excuse me if this sounds like a dumb question, but according to the data sheet the process is E6, any reason we can't do that at home? I was just getting into E6 when I left home in the early 80's and was processing 35mm and 120 roll film. Are the chemicals no longer available to the public? Why couldn't we process this ourselves?

Just a thought...as I am getting back into 8mm and super 8, may even setup my darkroom again. [Eek!]

I'll do more research but just thought I'd ask.

Cheers

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2019 05:53 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tetenal do make E6 kits, but the only ones I can see now are 2.5 Ltr and 5 Ltr. The 2.5 litre is for 30 3mm 36 exposure films and costs £43.75 from Mr CAD (originally Camera Audio Discount).
https://www.mrcad.co.uk/product/tetenal-colourtec-e6-chemical-kit-2 -5-litres-for-35mm-or-120mm-slide-films/

Until recently they did 6x35mm film kits at a lower price, but not any more.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC