8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Oxford 800 Editor. What Am I Doing Wrong

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Oxford 800 Editor. What Am I Doing Wrong
Christopher Hall
Junior

- posted October 07, 2018 09:55 AM      Profile for Christopher Hall   Email Christopher Hall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all

I have a box load of films to view and transfer to DVD etc. and also a viewer to see whats on them quickly.
 -

Problem is that I am not sure why the picture has 2 frames in it as in the picture below
 -

I have the editor on regular 8 but cannot see anywhere else to adjust anything.
It's probably the wrong film so any advice would be appreciated?

Regards

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 07, 2018 02:24 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Christopher

What gauge film are you using? Super 8 or Standard 8, the latter also referred to as Regular 8.

The difference between Super 8 and standard 8 is that the frame lines on Super 8 are in the middle of the perforations, and the opposite refers to standard 8, i.e., the frame line bisects the perforations.

This may explain why the picture is as you show it.

I hope you are not being confused by the name "Regular 8".

--------------------
Maurice

Christopher Hall
Junior

- posted October 07, 2018 06:26 PM      Profile for Christopher Hall   Email Christopher Hall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will take a look in the morning and post back what I find

Cheers

Nantawat Kittiwarakul
Master Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2018 07:33 PM      Profile for Nantawat Kittiwarakul   Email Nantawat Kittiwarakul   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Assuming you had already sorted out that r8/s8 setting. The next thing to look at is its framing setting.

Notice that sprocket wheel - it could be "de-clutched"from the rest of the mechanism by pushing in that inching knob. Once pushed in (it's spring-loaded) you can gently slide the film left/right until the correct framing is found,then release it. The framing will stay fixed in that position. Hope this helps. [Smile]

--------------------
Just a lone collector from a faraway land...

Joseph Banfield
Film Handler

- posted October 08, 2018 02:59 AM      Profile for Joseph Banfield   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And to change from regular 8 to Super 8 you need to turn what looks like a screw directly above your focusing knob. It will click into place when turned either right or left. And someone else already posted how to adjust the framing, which works for either format.

Christopher Hall
Junior

- posted October 10, 2018 05:37 AM      Profile for Christopher Hall   Email Christopher Hall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nantawat Kittiwarakul

Yup that's the ticket and I should have read the manual in the first place but thanks anyway :-)

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC