8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » GS 1200 Wet Carbon Brushes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GS 1200 Wet Carbon Brushes
Thomas Knappstein
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 06, 2019 04:00 AM      Profile for Thomas Knappstein   Email Thomas Knappstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello at all!
I bought two old GS 1200 Machines to bring them back to Life. They stand in a very wet Room for many Years. The carobn Brushes of the Fan Motor are very wet and greasy. So the Machine try to overheat after a While. Now I have changed the Brushes and all seems to be well again. Does anyone here has the same Problems with the Fan Motor of the Elmo GS 1200?

|  IP: Logged

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 06, 2019 10:30 AM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thomas, I have the GS1200 fan motors ! Brand New! The motors are still sealed! They do go! I have two GS1200s and had to replaced them! They go with no warning! Again these machines are getting old! Good luck!

Thomas Knappstein
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2019 12:03 AM      Profile for Thomas Knappstein   Email Thomas Knappstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Leon!
How much Money would you have for one of this Motors?
A few Years ago I bought one here in Germany by Wittner Cinetec.
I´m working on modding this Motor to Ball bearings. Than the Lifetime will be so much longer. And the carbon Brushes getting wet over the Years. New ones give him the old Power back.
Is it true that the Fan Reel of the Halogen Machine is another one that is in the Xenon Version?

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2019 04:18 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To the best of my knowledge both fan and its motor should be the same in the two versions (halogen and Xenon) but the fan spins at a much higher rate in the xenon version, possibly twice the speed of ths halogen version... and twice as noisy...

--------------------
Maurizio

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2019 09:28 AM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thomas, the Elmo GS1200 fan motors are 185.00 each! Again these are Brand new, still sealed! From Elmo !

Thomas Knappstein
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2019 10:55 AM      Profile for Thomas Knappstein   Email Thomas Knappstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank´s Leon but thats to expensive. The New one I bought at Wittner here in Germany was only 35 Euro. Than I refresh the old ones. Thats cheaper. Now I know what is to do, give them the old Power back.

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2019 11:04 AM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck with your machines Thomas!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC