8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Looking for UFO (Gerry Anderson) S8's 4 SALE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Looking for UFO (Gerry Anderson) S8's 4 SALE
Adam Lonsdale
Junior

- posted November 13, 2005 07:06 PM      Profile for Adam Lonsdale   Email Adam Lonsdale   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In regards to my earlier post on ITC Classics, I would also like to know if anyone has UFO specific titles for sale (cutdowns and full features).
I am looking for English language, but a foreign soundtracks will be considered.

I currently own 1 reel cutdowns of:
TIMELASH
IDENTIFIED
CAT WITH TEN LIVES
EXPOSED

I understand the Psychobombs was released in English, can anyone verify that? If so, I am particularly interested in that.

Please let me know if you have any for sale.

|  IP: Logged

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2005 08:16 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't know if this helps you or not....

http://cgi.ebay.com/UFO-Exposed-Super-8-colour-sound-110m_W0QQitemZ6451969064QQcategoryZ1476QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 13, 2005 08:35 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Adam,

Paul Foster has a cutdown of "Identified" for sale.
http://www.fosterfilms.co.uk/8mmcutdowns.htm
But of course after posting this I notice you have that one. You should contact Paul anyway, to keep an eye out for others.
Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 13, 2005 08:44 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello again Adam,

Andreas Eggeling's fine site http://movies-and-sound.com/ has the following in German sound. Look in the SF/Fantasy section.

UFO - The Cat with 10 lives (3x110m)

UFO - Alarmstufe 1 (3x110m)

UFO - The Psychobombs (3x110m)

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 13, 2005 11:01 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adam (and others too)

As the seller's statment on Ebay that Chip mentioned, all my UFO reels have turned sephia. What about yours?

Andreas, what about the German version, are they turning too?

Anybody experiences UFO series with good color?

thanks

--------------------
Winbert

Ralf Hoff
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 14, 2005 02:22 AM      Profile for Ralf Hoff   Email Ralf Hoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Winbert,

to your following question:

"Adam (and others too)
As the seller's statment on Ebay that Chip mentioned, all my UFO reels have turned sephia. What about yours?"

I 've the following UFO films in my collection:

UFO - Unbekannte Gefahren (Identified) 3x400ft. Techno release (rerecorded into german)

UFO - Alarmstufe 1 (Exposed) 3x400ft. UFA release

UFO - Die Katze mit den 10 Leben (Cat with ten lives) 3x400 ft. UFA release

UFO - Psychobomben (Psychobombs) 3x400ft. UFA release

All films have still good colour an no sephia touch. The colours are good. By the way I 've seen other prints that already turned into pink. But there are still good prints, you must search for them, good luck!!

Ralf

--------------------
Arbeits- & Interessengemeinschaft Celluloidfilm
Ehrenamtlich im Einsatz für das Film-Hobby

Cine 8-16
Das Magazin rund um den perforierten Film
www.celluloidfilm.de

Adam Lonsdale
Junior

- posted November 14, 2005 02:41 AM      Profile for Adam Lonsdale   Email Adam Lonsdale   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for all the kind links. The ebay "Exposed" I already have, and I'm not too keen on the German features as I don't speak the language(the only one I have considered "THE PSYCHOBOMBS" - I have contacted Andreas about). Thanks again though for all your help.

My four one-reelers are going slightly pink, but generally the colours are still good, especially TIMELASH (one of my favourites). "The Protectors" is the only Technofilm title that I have that shows any sign of sephia.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 14, 2005 04:14 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It seems to me (again) that German prints are superb than US or Italy prints. Italy were the worst Lab ever existed!!

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Andreas Eggeling
Master Film Handler

- posted November 14, 2005 09:15 AM      Profile for Andreas Eggeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Winbert, Hi Ralf,

that isn´t true. All UFO 8mm prints if they sold in Germany, Spain or UK were made in Italy.

The prestriped prints (main and balance track) turning sepia or brown. But I also have a prestriped "Indentified"-copy with good colors.

The prints striped after processing (main track only) are still good in color.

Same color results for other Technofilm releases, like the Warner Bros. Cartoons, Department S., Jason King. My italian
"Sandokan" prints from IE International are still fresh in color.

There was happened a big mistake , with the releases of "Exposed" and "Identified".

In the lab the german and the english titles were exchanged.

Some prints shows
UFO - Exposed --> Unbekannte Gefahren - 3x400ft.
UFO - Identified ---> Alarmstufe 1 - 3x400ft.

I also have had prints were the leaders and titles were exchanged
UFO - Indentified ---> Unbekannte Gefahren 3x400ft.
UFO - Exposed ---> Alarmstufe 1 - 3x400ft.

In worst cases, if you buy, "Unbekannte Gefahren" or "Alarmstufe 1" from different sellers, it could be possible that you have the
same episode. For example both are "Indentified".
The reason could be that the prints shows the english titles and a narrator say the german T.V.-Title which is also different from the german UFA-title.

I like italian prints if they are striped after processing and I prefer them instead of some german marketing-film releases.

And about good and worst labs,
today the most german theatrical 35mm prints are made in Rome or London.

cheers
Andreas

[ November 14, 2005, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: Andreas Eggeling ]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC