8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Films for sale incl Babes in Toyland

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Films for sale incl Babes in Toyland
Peter Berrett
Film Handler

- posted December 23, 2006 06:59 AM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all

I have put a number of 400" and 200" films up for sale on Ebay including almost complete versions of Oh Mr Porter and Laurel and Hardy's Babes in toyland.

Search on userid pberrett for the items.

Happy bidding and Merry Christmas

cheers Peter

|  IP: Logged

Peter Berrett
Film Handler

- posted December 25, 2006 07:25 PM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi again

I have now removed the reserves on my films and lowered the starting prices significantly.

Happy Bidding.

cheers Peter

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted December 26, 2006 08:32 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Peter, found them under the titles.

Thanks Mark.

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 26, 2006 07:25 PM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have bought from Peter previously and found the original packaging to be in near perfect condition on the titles I purchased. In fact each one included the original invoice from the photo dealer and date the film was purchased. This is great history in itself.

Condition has also been excellent with the usual fade on some titles and very little on others.

David

Peter Berrett
Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2006 03:32 AM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks David

What David means is that most of these films came from an estate auction and the owner looked after them pretty well. The filsm I am selling are surplus to my needs.

I have now reduced all films to a starting bid of just $0.50. I await the bidding frenzy!!!

Please note however that due to increased demand I have raised the buy it now price to $A780 on my 200" copy of the 1970 visit by the Pope to Australia. Even this however has a starting price of just $0.50 so somebody will pick up a bargain.

For all 22 films search on user pberrett on Ebay

cheers Peter

[ December 27, 2006, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: Peter Berrett ]

Peter Berrett
Film Handler

- posted December 28, 2006 06:19 AM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CRAAAAAAZY SAAALE!!!!!

I have gone completely DAFFY/CRAAAAZY/LOOOOOPY

SOMEBODY PUT ME IN A WHITE COAT!!!!!

I am now offering FREE POSTAGE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD on most (not all - check each individual item to see if free post offer is available) of the films I am selling.

Less than 2 days to go! Search on Ebay on user pberrett and bid before the men in the white coats come and get me.

[Smile]

cheers Peter

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted December 28, 2006 08:39 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was astounded at the gem-mint condition of the boxes alone - This is true collector's items, and I hope to buy more from Peter - Thanks! - Shorty

Peter Berrett
Film Handler

- posted December 29, 2006 07:55 PM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Franitic bidding - Frantic bidding

But still some absolute bargains out there including the Pope's 1970 visit to Australia with FREE POSTAGE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.

That includes the Vatican!!! You never know who might be bidding!

cheers Peter

Peter Berrett
Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2006 09:07 PM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aucton finished

Thanks to everyone that bid. Some real bargains were had.

cheers Peter

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 31, 2006 07:19 AM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Peter, I just need an invoice for "Babes In Toyland".

Peter Berrett
Film Handler

- posted January 02, 2007 01:03 AM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all

I have mailed the films to the successful bidders. Please note that all films have been air mailed even though technically I was only obliged to send the films by sea mail where I had promised free shipping.

I hope everyone is happy with their purchases. If there are any problems please do not hesitate to contact me.

cheers Peter

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2007 12:12 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Peter, being one of the succesfull bidders can I take this opportunity to thank you for your help during and after the auction. I am looking forward to receiving my films soon. Will post a reply when they are received. Many thanks Keith

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2007 08:09 PM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have mine, the boxes are in beautiful condition and that is important to me. Can't wait to run them. Thanks again Peter.

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 12, 2007 07:07 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Peter,
My patience has been rewarded. My films arrived this morning. I have not watched them yet but if the packaging is a guide line I have high expectations of the film quality. To say the least I am very satisfied so far. Tuesday was my birthday, in receiving these films you have made a 56 year old a very happy man.
Warmest regards,
Keith
P.S. I have checked the quality of films and they are excellent. One has a receipt from a shop in Melbourne dated 13.11.1976. No fade, pin sharp and the Walton 4 x 400' "Oh Mr.Porter" is in pristine condition. For £15.00 cost I am well pleased. Thanks Peter.

[ January 12, 2007, 11:16 AM: Message edited by: Keith Ashfield ]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Gary Brocklehurst
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 12, 2007 09:02 AM      Profile for Gary Brocklehurst   Email Gary Brocklehurst   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Belated birthday wishes, Keith!

Kindest Regards

Gary

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 12, 2007 11:18 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks a lot Gary. Hope to see you on the 28th January for the open day. Also may be sending you a list of digests for "part ex" in the next couple of days. Regards Keith

--------------------

Peter Berrett
Film Handler

- posted January 21, 2007 05:43 AM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all

I'm back from my trip to Perth and was pleased to see all the positive feedback on Ebay.

I occasionally find films at auctions I visit so I may have some more to sell in the future.

cheers peter

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted January 21, 2007 09:24 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will look forward, stay in touch, Shorty

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC