8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » WANTED; THE MUMMY 400'

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WANTED; THE MUMMY 400'
Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted January 25, 2007 03:47 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice Karloff effort, S8Sound, anyone? - Shorty

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted January 29, 2007 08:23 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want to thank Jim Schrader for his kindness and excellent service; Also, my continued quest for these shorts; CASTLE or U-8 S8Sound 200' with original box or not -

STOCKHOLM, OLD AND NEW (This was only released in Super 8 Silent/Color)
NEW YORK, THE DYNAMIC CITY (S8Sound/Color)
VALENTINO, IDOL OF THE JAZZ AGE
IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE
DESTINY OF CLEOPATRA
CLEOPATRA
NERO'S GLADIATORS
THE SPOILERS
I'M NO ANGEL
LADY GODIVA
THE COWBOY AND THE GIRL

Thanks from Shorty

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 29, 2007 01:09 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, I should have contacted you before now, but I saw one of the Cleopatra digests just two days ago on ebay. If it didn't sell, I'm sure that it will be back on again shortly.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted January 29, 2007 03:52 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Osi, I tried for CLEOPATRA, but again was beaten to the Pharoah's throne; DESTINY OF CLEOPATRA has not surfaced as of late, I check daily for my wants, but I still long for the days of writing a letter to a collector from want-ads, receiving a list and calling or writing back to say what I'd like, then simplysend the money order - Sometimes when not in one's favor, this bidding escalates far and away - That is one reason why I thoroughly miss "live" shows and earnestly want to bring one back to the fold

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 06, 2007 03:49 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm looking for a 400' print of Karloff's THE MUMMY as well. If anyone else has a print they would like to part with please let me know.

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 07, 2007 06:06 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian,

Check this if you haven't already...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/boris-karloff-the-mummy-super8-B-W-sound_W0QQitemZ160082677528QQihZ006QQcategoryZ1476QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Rick

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2007 02:01 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm very happy because I won The Mummy 400'er on Ebay! OK, at $80+ it wasn't exactly a steal but I have been looking for a print forever... Now I just have to find the 400'of Frankentsein Meets the Wolfman...

Peter Richards
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2007 02:07 PM      Profile for Peter Richards   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Brian,i put a couple of bids in but it went to high for me.

I bought the 400' edition of The Wolfman from this seller and it was a superb print and came complete with 2 trailers before the main feature.

So expect to be very happy with your purchase [Smile]

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 12, 2007 10:15 AM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds great! I can't wait to get the film now.

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 20, 2007 08:49 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Received the MUMMY print today and it's gorgeous - like new! I love it so much I had to share it...

Peter Richards
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 21, 2007 04:47 AM      Profile for Peter Richards   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Brian,That's great news [Smile]

What did you think of this edit over the 200' edition.

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2007 07:38 AM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think both the 200' and the 400' are very well edited. The 200'er goes by a little too quick for my taste... so I would have to say I prefer the 400'er.

Peter Richards
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 22, 2007 10:11 AM      Profile for Peter Richards   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to agree, the 200' edition is a great edit and i'll keep my eyes peeled for the 400' edition although if you've been looking for it forever then i expect a long wait [Frown]

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 27, 2007 01:54 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Well Brian,How about a review of the Mummy 400ft?.Andy.

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 27, 2007 08:14 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, I'll write a Mummy 400' review as soon as I have a little free time. I've just been too busy working for any fun stuff.

Peter Richards
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 06, 2007 06:16 AM      Profile for Peter Richards   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian and you thought you bid high,look at these idiots

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110097538807&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=001

mind you take a look at the sellers other films,i can't believe my eyes

Philippe Cuypers
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 06, 2007 07:46 AM      Profile for Philippe Cuypers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you know I noticed that its this guy who bid on most of this super 8 sound monsters films (twallen) ?? maybe just maybe ebay send once in a while people like this guy to up!!! the price! although I had a couple of these mummy and I sold one years ago for a lot of money but of course all mine was brand new never been touch with the human hand so ! its realy weird how ebay is up or down, my 2cent phil

--------------------
Philippe Cuypers

Peter Richards
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 06, 2007 08:32 AM      Profile for Peter Richards   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe your right Phil and he's an ebay robot of some kind,what puzzles me most about "tvallen" is that he buys multiples of the same film - it's all very strange [Confused]

Philippe Cuypers
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 06, 2007 09:18 AM      Profile for Philippe Cuypers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes peter you are right it is puzzles?? for me tto!! But you know what per his feedback if you look I thing is a dealer (how to make a quick buck!! whe never see this guy he seems to come out of the woodwork from a coupel months now, and yes he buys multiple its a lot of money ??? well thats ebay for you phil [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Philippe Cuypers

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC