8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Super 8 For Sale On Ebay

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Super 8 For Sale On Ebay
Dan Lail
Film God

- posted February 20, 2007 02:10 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I listed eight super 8 films on Ebay today(02/19/07). Check them out. Thanks!

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZdanajerryeQQhtZ-1

The Incredible Melting Man has "no spices". [Big Grin]

[ February 20, 2007, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: Dan Lail ]

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted February 20, 2007 09:47 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice ones, Dan, but nothing from my want-list - Keep it going though

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted February 20, 2007 09:48 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice ones, Dan, but nothing from my want-list - Keep it going though, BTW, my professional name is my given name - The "Shorty" came about when I was a kid buying shorts

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 20, 2007 11:29 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Dan, Im just interested. Are the BlackHawk L+H, like way out west, full length because the walton prints were slightly edited. On my print of way out west part of the early scenes in the saloon bar are cut out.

Graham

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted February 20, 2007 04:30 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham, I watched the early bar scenes and I believe it is intact. What scenes are you missing and I will check. Reels 1,2,3 are full to within a quarter of an inch from the out rim. Reel 4 is to within an inch of the outer rim. I don't have a footage couner or I would check it.

Joe, I know about the "Shorty" nickname. I have seen your name on many forums for the last five years. I was inquiring about imdb's Joe Caruso(I) and Caruso(II).

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 20, 2007 07:10 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blackhawk prints of WAY OUT WEST are fully complete.
The only Blackhawk L&H features that may not contain scenes you are used to seeing are:

PARDON US : a longer preview print was discovered in the '80s, first released by 3M on laser disc. Subsequently shown on AMC cable. Blackhawk released the original theatrical version.

PACK UP YOUR TROUBLES : Blackhawk released the re-release version which cut out the wife-beating scenes, and some of the "Goldilocks" scene with Stan and the kid.

A CHUMP AT OXFORD : Blackhawk released the "streamliner" version, which is the original US release, running about 42 minutes, shorter than the full-length European release of about 63 minutes. Blackhawk later released the latter on Super 8 around 1976. They had the full-length in 16mm for several years before that, though.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC