8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Films for sale (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Films for sale
Dan Lail
Film God

- posted April 10, 2007 09:30 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, it's one of those campfire songs that evolved over the years. It started as "The cow Kicked Nellie In The Belly In The Barn". I think it's origins are from Ireland. I have even heard the flounder line in an Andrew Sister's song.

And don't forget that memorable line;

"Shoot The Sherbet To Me Herbert"

If we all sing the Flounder song loud enough, maybe Kev will get his Motor Bike back. [Cool]

|  IP: Logged

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 11, 2007 02:28 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kevin,

I just spotted your post and I'm so sorry to read about the loss of your pride and joy to some scummy bugga, let's hope whoever it is get's their payback one day.

In the meantime try and keep hold of your other prized possessions for as long as you can because I know they also bring you much pleasure.

Whatever happens good luck mate.

Rick

BTW I'm on the move to the North Kent coast so we'll catch-up once I'm settled.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted April 11, 2007 04:17 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Ricky, Thanks. Wouldn't it make sense to drop your GS's off before you move.....it'll give me something to do now I cant get out on the bike [Frown]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 11, 2007 10:00 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well things could have been worse, Kevin's GS 1200 could have been stolen.

Just so folks know, Close Encounters hold a very special memory for me. My Dad and I did very few things together. One of the few things was just having a father/son night at the movies, (Yeah, I know, get the bloody violins out!), and this was one of the movies we went to see when I was ten years old. Well, he was in the bar next door until the last 30 minutes, but still, we got to sit down and enjoy some of that magnificent movie together. After we got out, dad cussed a blue streak that he missed most of the movie.

So we went back later that week and saw it again.

This time dad only missed half the movie.

So this movie, apart from being a magnificent film, holds special meaning. He would only get three more chances to take me to the movies before he'd pass on.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted April 11, 2007 06:28 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks God it wasn't the GS1200 Xenon with Schneider 1.1 [Frown] The thought of it [Mad]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 11, 2007 11:11 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev,

I am truly very sorry to learn that the
bike was stolen, and I hope and pray that there will
be a good resolve for the end to this unreal
nightmare.

If I was more flushed with money
I may be inclined to make an offer.
However the thought for me to offer you
in light of this desperate time just
would not settle right for me.

Hoping that this will result
in best outcome to this situation.

You are the kindest buddy to us all.

Michael

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted April 12, 2007 12:42 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Michael.

What I find really exasperating right now is that a film I have tried to get for years now suddenly makes an appearance and I'm not in a position to buy [Mad]

Never mind, If I can get through this next couple of months on the trains then hopefully things shouldn't be too bad.

Kev.

--------------------

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted April 12, 2007 07:26 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yee Gods Kev, the thought of overcrowded public transport compared to the Bike is frightening. You should be paid compensation for that, even a cg 125 or something would be an improvement !!!!!
Good luck bearing it.
Best Mark.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted April 12, 2007 03:33 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Mark, I think the next one will have to be 1000cc not 125cc [Big Grin]

I fancy a Fireblade next [Smile]

Kev.

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 12, 2007 03:55 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I fancy a pizza! I've been looking at the variety of Super 8 lately, and it is amazing as to how many films and what variety there was on Super 8. (If you include the optical sound features, there is vastly bigger list of Super 8!)

Kevin, I didn't see any optical super 8 on your list. Do you still have any opticals sitting around?

--------------------

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted April 12, 2007 04:00 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Brother has one of them. Superb choice.

Something to make you smile now Kev. In the very early 80's my first bike was a Honda 50 moped with pedals on. On this moped I collected a Norisound 120 cine projector in its massive box and tied it onto the back of the moped. The box was bigger that the bike ! How on earth I got that home I will never know.

In the mid 80's I got a Suz GP100 and used to carry a Eumig 807D and small speaker in its top box, films in a tank bag, and gave films shows to local old folks homes for free.

Used to like that GP100 very much and it took me all over. I can understand your love of the bike Kev. Had to let the GP go when I got married...A sad day...

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 12, 2007 10:05 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My, this has been a rollicking good post! Cracking! Pip pip!
ect. Really, I like a post where there's lots of feedback, even if it's brought on by a tradegy.

By the way, now that it's Friday, What's the word, Kevin, (concerning the bike) I hope good news.

But then again, when dealing with insurance companies, they'll do thier nest to screw you EVERY TIME!!

(word on the film will be appreciated as well. I am in such a tizzy!)

--------------------

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted April 13, 2007 04:10 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kev
Just read this post and very sorry to hear about your bike and the nerve of someone to take it in such a way. I do hope that it turns up, removing the need for you to sell any of those wonderful films.

Regards Graham.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted April 15, 2007 06:08 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Graham, so do I. Not much interest in my list either [Frown]

Kev.

--------------------

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 16, 2007 05:39 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kevin; suprised that there is little interest in such an amazing list but as I expressed in my email to you last week, in a way I am glad that you will probably be keeping most of your wonderful collection and still hope that things can get resolved in other ways, whether its getting your bike back or the inusrance paying up.

BTW hope my email didn't seem too heavy or weird, its just that having had to sell part of my own treasured collection in the past to fund unexpected misfortunes I know how disheartening and regreatable it can be, whatever the circumstances...plus I was having a VERY bad day...

Anyway, hope everything gets sorted out so you can still keep your films [Smile]

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted April 17, 2007 03:42 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Rob, Found your email in my Junk filter and have now replied.

Kev.

--------------------

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted April 18, 2007 05:38 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev,
I think the reason there has not been much interest in the list is that we all know you DONT want to sell them! I know I feel really bad about you selling them.
I hope that you get some good news and the films leave the chopping block. I have only sold a few films from my collection and thank god I don't want anyone of them back. Sorry "Little Mermaid"!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 18, 2007 06:25 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although I'm intently watching a certian "special" film with high hopes of getting it, (aww, everybody knows which!), I feel bad that Kevin feels the need to sell.

I think the reason why the Disneys aren't selling is either everyone who wants one pretty much have them, or, (as in my case), I don't have that fond of a love for Disney features, (except in rare cases) that I would shell out a bunch of money on them.

Though I'm REALLY hoping to get that certian film, on the other hand, I would feel happy to see Kevin keep it, but I also recognize that this may be my one chance to get it, so I'm still hoping, Kevin!

--------------------

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted April 18, 2007 06:26 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Alan, Yes your right probably. No I don't really want to sell any but at the same time I do not want to be in debt over the loss of my bike and all the traveling costs in the meantime. I have been down that route before and don't want to go through that again.

I have now the possibility of a loan from work but at the end of the day i still have to pay it back.

I don't think I'm going to have to sell all my films so if people ask I think I can be a bit more choosy.

Kev.

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC