8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Shorts Wanted

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shorts Wanted
Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 13, 2007 04:57 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Super/Std 8 Silent - Please help, I'll buy;

SLIPPING WIVES
45 MINUTES FROM HOLLYWOOD
ROMANCE KEYSTONE STYLE
A SMALL TOWN BULLY
SPANISH-AMERICAN WAR 1898
WATER WAGONS
A LUBIN SHOWMAN'S REEL
HOFFMEYER'S LEGACY
BIOGRAPH BEFORE GRIFFITH
DUNCES AND DANGER

I have films to sell/trade also - Shorty

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 13, 2007 05:36 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I need some shorts too, they won't let me back in the swimming pool until I do, I don't know why?

HAH!!

Oaky, I know that doesn't help you get your shorts Joe, but heck, I'm entertained!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 13, 2007 06:35 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that's the long and short of it [Smile]

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2007 07:45 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll trade you SLIPPING WIVES and 45 MINUTES FROM HOLLYWOOD for reel 2 of HATS OFF.

Deal?

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 14, 2007 06:56 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If only that were possible, such is the scarcity of that film - If you do have 8mm on WIVES and HOLLYWOOD, I'll trade you Super 8 Sound KID FROM BORNEO and Std 8 Sound prints of ANY OLD PORT and L-H MURDER CASE - Shorty

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 14, 2007 07:02 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I have reel 1 of HATS OFF!
[Big Grin]

Just kidding. Actually, I have 45 MINUTES FROM HOLLYWOOD, but I have never even seen SLIPPING WIVES. My 45 is the Blackhawk, which doesn't even contain the Laurel scene. There are no splices -- that is the way Blackhawk released it, unfortunately.

I honestly doubt that a print, or negative, of HATS OFF exists in any guage. When the Internet took off about 10 years ago, I thought there would be a chance, because of e-mail, eBay, and forums like this one. But after 10 years, I really doubt it.
There could be one lone person who has it and is hoarding it -- he knows how rare it is. He is either still living, or has passed on and his family is continuing to hoard it(maybe that's in the will). Or maybe they haven't gotten around to listing it on eBay yet. I've been keeping my eyes out for a listing such as:

"Found this old film in Grandpa's attic. I don't have a projector but I think it is 8mm. I held it up to the light and the title is missing. But I see a long flight of stairs and 2 men are carrying a large object. I think their names are Stan and Laurel, or something like that."

Someone asks "Is it a piano?"

Reply: "No, some weird looking machine."

Then the bids start going up to the thousands...

One can dream!

[Cool]

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 15, 2007 06:41 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Tony, I'd like to dream and will buy or trade for your 8mm 45 MINUTES FROM HOLLYWOOD; I have KID FROM BORNEO (Super 8 Sound 40' in OB), L-H MURDER CASE (Std 8 Sound 600' in white box), ANY OLD PORT (Std 8 Sound 400' in metal can), or I'll offer $35 via postal money order - Niles released a Std 8 Silent SLIPPING WIVES, had it, sold it (my mistake) - I feel HATS OFF is in an archive somewhere in Europe, whether complete or in truncated form, at least most of the negative survives, we hope - Stay in touch, Shorty

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 15, 2007 06:00 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would be great if HATS OFF survived. What makes you think it is in Europe?

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 15, 2007 06:43 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Silents had two negatives; Domestic and one for European markets that often contained different camera angles - Now, we've often heard of "finds" and other discoveries in film archives throughout the eastern world, and it just might happen, never know what could be found - If I had the resources, I'd make phone calls, travel and explore all I could for films like these. It's been a quest of mine - Anyway, let me know if you'd sell or trade me 45 MINUTES - Shorty

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 16, 2007 10:00 AM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The point I am trying to make is that 15+ years ago, it was necessary to "make phone calls, travel and explore." With the Internet being so popular now, it is no longer necessary. I really doubt HATS OFF exists in any form.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 16, 2007 11:24 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A short like that, released in 1927 with the short immeadiately preceding and following readily available, and not the one so eagerly sought? - No, I feel there is some footage, if not a print somewhere - BATTLE was long-thought to be seen only with the shortened pie fight, then Blackhawk 'restored' what it could to give us the first part of reel one at least - Perhaps that might hapen with HATS OFF, a section at least, maybe more - And I'll buy 45 MINUTES from you

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 16, 2007 02:05 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will trade it for HATS OFF when you find it.
[Big Grin]

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 16, 2007 05:00 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'Hats Off' to that, but in the meantime, maybe we could work out a trade or sale - I'm also looking for the 400' Std 8 Silent Niles SLIPPING WIVES, and some empty L&H 400' boxes for certain shorts

Eric Baucher
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 16, 2007 05:09 PM      Profile for Eric Baucher   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Baucher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and I have NEVER seen either of the Omens, or melting man, or Alien in silent 200' even though they supposedly exist.

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 20, 2007 08:07 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HATS OFF

Shorty, you will find this interesting.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 21, 2007 06:48 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting yes, just can't log-in as usual

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC