8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » I HAVE AN OFFER TO MAKE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I HAVE AN OFFER TO MAKE
Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted October 09, 2007 11:38 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will pay $100 for a print in Super or Std 8 Silent 400' of SLIPPING WIVES (1926), early Laurel & Hardy short, from NILES, and 45 MINUTES FROM HOLLYWOOD, also from 1926 - Can be in box or can - Shorty at jvcaruso@bellatlantic.net

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted October 13, 2007 10:18 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To sweeten the deal, I'll also include Super 8 Sound prints of TWICE TWO (400'),in original box LAUGHING GRAVY (400'),in original box and THE CHIMP (600'), Bonum Reel/Can - I know, I can get more money for these separately or together, but I'm really in earnest to get both 45 MINUTES FROM HOLLYWOOD and SLIPPING WIVES - Shorty

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 13, 2007 04:47 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have never even seen SLIPPING WIVES, though it was available on DVD and VHS at one time (and may still be). One of the few from the boys that I haven't seen -- the others being WHY GIRLS LOVE SAILORS, HATS OFF, NOW I'LL TELL ONE, and a complete ROGUE SONG.

SLIPPING WIVES is extremely rare on film. I do have a print of 45 MINUTES FROM HOLLYWOOD -- but it is from Blackhawk, whose pre-print was missing the only scene with Stan! Not a great film -- and I have only watched it once since picking it up about 5 years ago -- but like you I am a collector who would like to hold on to it. Niles prints usually are poor quality -- though I would like to have a print of their SAILORS BEWARE. Do you have that one, and, if so, how is the quality?

Good luck finding the prints.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted October 14, 2007 06:23 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SAILORS is a decent pre-print from NILES, the idea is that it is a rarity, like WIVES - Thing is, I had SLIPPING WIVES and in a moment of recklessness, traded it off thinking I'd get another, well, it's hard - Someone has the one I traded and I'm waiting for word to get around on this post where my offer firmly stands - Anyway, I'd want your 45 MINUTES, it's part of the canon - Stay in touch, Shorty

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 14, 2007 09:50 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd love to have a print of DUCK SOUP with L&H. There's one now on eBay:
DUCK SOUP

I collect 16mm, but this is out of my price range. Blackhawk offered it shortly before going under. Have you a print?

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted October 15, 2007 11:04 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, I could swing it, but this and WHY GIRLS LOVE SAILORS are both well-represented on DVD with extras, restored footage or what have you that, I'll buy them that way - When it comes to that, everything is heading for conversion to DVD, but that doesn't stop me from remaining loyal to film - Should you decide to part with your 45 MINUTES, I'm here - 2 other "scored" silents I'm after are the longer-version of BATTLE OF THE CENTURY and ANGORA LOVE

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC