8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » JFK assassination Zapruder Film...on film??!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: JFK assassination Zapruder Film...on film??!!
Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 11, 2008 07:10 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just saw this auction on eBay and am thrilled-both by the item (if it's true that is!)and the price!!
Is there a chance that the Zapruder film was copied (for I doubt that it is the original!)or is it a hoax???
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/8MM-ZAPRUDER-FILM-OF-JOHN-F-KENNEDY-JFK-ASSASSINATION_W0QQitemZ110288392272QQihZ001QQcategoryZ13900QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

--------------------
Yannis

|  IP: Logged

Steven J Kirk
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 11, 2008 07:21 AM      Profile for Steven J Kirk   Email Steven J Kirk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It won't be the original. The Zapruder family hold the rights so you can't reproduce it. Not worth the money, even if an old copy. IMO.

--------------------
VistaVision
Motion Picture High-Fidelity

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 11, 2008 08:12 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Per Wikipedia, the Zapruder original is in the National Archives. It was seized as evidence and the Federal government eventually settled with Zapruder's heirs for 16 Million Dollars. (Swwweet!, makes $2,995 buy it now for a print seem a bargain!)

I always wonder what was on the rest of that roll of film. Did some poor kid never get to see his birthday party because it wound up in the National Archives?

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Wade Epler
Junior

- posted September 14, 2008 01:37 PM      Profile for Wade Epler   Email Wade Epler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I remember correctly, Abraham Zapruder had just purchased the camera, so he only shot some footage in his front yard of some flowers to 'break in' the camera-a B&H director's series. That camera is now in posession of the Smithsonian. That model took regular 8mm spools and a couple of different cartridge designs. It would be interesting to know what kind Zapruder elected to purchase. It's my understanding that the footage was shot poorly as the film wasn't properly loaded. Loads of info on every nuance of the 'cameras of assasination' available in the Warren report and online. Especially interesting is the work done to determine if the photo of Oswald holding the rifle was altered in anyway.

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 14, 2008 05:18 PM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So it's a copy,and have more copies been made I wonder? Btw it sold for US $1,050?

--------------------
Yannis

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 14, 2008 05:49 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know, maybe it's just me, but doesn't it seem kind of gruesome and morbid to watch, over and over again, JFK getting shot?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC