8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » L&H Short Wanted

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: L&H Short Wanted
Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted September 23, 2008 03:09 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NILES, Slipping Wives 400' S or R8 - Thanks, Shorty

|  IP: Logged

Tony Stucchio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 25, 2008 07:24 PM      Profile for Tony Stucchio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK -- any volunteers to dress up as L&H and re-enact this short while someone films in B&W? Then we can finally get him his SLIPPING WIVES print!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 25, 2008 08:02 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would but I might start to enjoy the feel of the fabric!!

Just watch, out of nowhere one will show up on ebay, it will be the ONE day our Caruso won't be looking at ebay, and it'll sell for five dollars to someone who will not treasure it.

(Right now, Joe is silently screaming!)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 26, 2008 02:37 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe,

I've got a large collection of L&H's coming in this weekend, if I've got a print of 'Slipping Wives' I'll give you first option, as I have a total of 87 titles coming in, so it could be there!

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted September 26, 2008 08:11 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a pain, hounding about things - Thanks, Barry, I'm awaiting any information

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 26, 2008 11:00 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry, Let Me Know if you have "The Music Box", as I would be curious.

A BIG box of Laurel and Hardy. What else could anyone want?

--------------------

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted September 27, 2008 08:46 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thought - 87 Titles; They made 40 sound 2-reelers, 29 silents (we all know the obvious ones that aren't available or lost), and 13 features - By jingo, it just might very well be in there - Cheers, Shorty

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2008 09:18 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Joe,

I've got silents like "Bacon Grabbers" etc., but I'm afraid no "Slipping Wives", so your hunt goes on.

I've only just got back with them, so will take a few days to go through them all, but those who asked about titles I'll try and get back to you.

Barry.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted September 27, 2008 09:21 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, your intrepid adventurer trails on, this is a tough one. Should have kept the print I once had - Cheers

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 27, 2008 10:02 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ooooh, that's got to make it hurt even more, Joe!

But hey, you achieved your dream of the 400ft Battle of the Century earlier this year, so it's definitely possible. It's most certainly sitting in some grandpas film collection, awaiting his obnoxious sons tossing it on ebay when he gets it as inheritance.

The scary thing about that, is he might just find an unmarked reel with just Laurel and hardy on the side, without the title, and it will go for 99 cents!

Boy, sometimes, I can be depressing.

But it is for that very reason why I have been known to buy little lots of films in the past, hoping that one of them was the title desired, and that's worked twice and in most cases, I've been able to resell the rest on ebay to more then make back my investment.

I love laurel and Hardy, but if I should ever find slipping wives, I'd watch it once and immediately contact our Caruso!

--------------------

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted September 27, 2008 11:16 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can depend on that, I have alot of patience - Then I'll still need the dozen CASTLE FILMS and 35 BLACKHAWK shorts - The chase continues...

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 28, 2008 09:14 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, could you make a list of the Blackhawks that you need?

Except for my Chaplins and a few others, I would be willing to part with Blackhawks that I might have that you need.

OSI

--------------------

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted September 29, 2008 07:57 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will do

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC