8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » WTB: Night of the Living Dead Super 8 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: WTB: Night of the Living Dead Super 8
Antonis Galanakis
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 23, 2009 02:36 AM      Profile for Antonis Galanakis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For your inf
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=320351381305

|  IP: Logged

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted March 23, 2009 02:55 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ooooooh....its in colour!!!! If I collected S8 I would want it at any price!!!

[Wink] [Razz]

[ March 23, 2009, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: Michael O'Regan ]

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 23, 2009 05:03 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I asked this same seller about the color quality (or lack thereof) of some other films they're selling...I got very evasive answers to both queries [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Dan Pinto
Film Handler

- posted March 23, 2009 07:27 PM      Profile for Dan Pinto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry about listing it as color, that was an honest typo. And please, I was trying to say that color issues (redness) are always graded on a collector to collector basis, in other words what is unwatchable to you may not be to me. Doug will tell you, I'm really a nice guy!

--------------------
If you stew cranberries like applesauce, it tastes much more like prunes than rhubarb does!

Douglas Meltzer

- posted March 23, 2009 10:42 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan Pinto is one of the least evasive people I know! I've found him to be quite an honest guy. We'll have to work on that color/B&W thing, though. [Big Grin]

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 24, 2009 04:13 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan, with all due respect, in one of your descriptions you stated it was red in dark scenes (I think that was the "mummy" feature), and that honesty was the best policy, so I assumed you were able to view your films and provide the color quality answers. I asked about the color of "Ghidrah" and "Magical Mystery Tour". I said your answers were 'evasive' because you didn't clearly state that the films were "pinked", "faded", or "red"....you just stated there was color there, or that last time you saw it...,etc..... That could mean anything!...those answers stopped me from placing any bids or offers. However, if I knew that you were a Forum member, or that Doug vouched for you, that would have said a lot! We all know that eBay is a "pirate ship", and you have to be careful [Wink]

[ March 24, 2009, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: Joe Taffis ]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Eric Kent
Junior

- posted March 24, 2009 05:27 PM      Profile for Eric Kent   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Kent   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I won Dan Pinto's auction. Now for the waiting [Wink]

Thanks for all the heads up provided by this fantastic group of film handlers!

--------------------
"The computer don't lie"

Dan Pinto
Film Handler

- posted March 24, 2009 10:11 PM      Profile for Dan Pinto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

yeah, it's just a case of the old, "I'm thinning out my collection and I dont have the extra time to grade each film".I have a lot of the German Godzilla's and Full length Ghidrah in doubles, you know, one to watch and one to sell...

As for you Doug...my wife Mary says HI! [Cool]

Eric, I left you a message regarding the film, but I guess you know about the "Color" typo in the decription. Call back or email, please!

Thanks,

Dan

--------------------
If you stew cranberries like applesauce, it tastes much more like prunes than rhubarb does!

Phillip Black
Junior

- posted April 03, 2009 05:31 PM      Profile for Phillip Black   Email Phillip Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just saw this on eBay UK

[URL=http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Night-Of-Living-Dead-Super-8mm-B-W-Home-Movie-5x-400ft_W0QQitemZ270368340827QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_DVD_Film_TV_OtherFormats_GL?hash=item270368340827&_trks id=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318]ebay[/URL]

--------------------
Phillip Black

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC