8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Films going up on ebay from OSI

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Films going up on ebay from OSI
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 18, 2009 04:05 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey folks, I will be listing a few films on ebay ... Listed at the present ...

GORKY PARK (super 8 optical feature) Lee Marvin, William Hurt.
Great film from 1983. Please note, this film has that Eastman pinking, unfortunately. If you happen to see Dan lail's auctions, he had his print up for sale, and the screen shots are pretty much the same condition as his, and at a starting bid of 25.00 dollars, a steal. Loud mono sound for an optical print and it is exceptionally sharp. Would fit very nicely as a 4X600ft feature.

To be listed shortly ...

Conduct Unbecoming (Super 8 optical feature). COMPOSITE PRINT
What do I mean by "composite print"? This feature is a compilation of four different copies of this feature that I had over time. I took the best color from all the copies that I had and made a pretty good feature of this. Just about the best color you'll find on this title. I will list this at 30.00 dollars.

Empire Strikes Back part 1 400ft STEREO. Okay, we all know this digest. The person I bought this from re-recorded this in stereo. The sync is spot on, but I personally wasn't impressed with the stereo, but I can say that the soundtrack is very sharp high end clarity, and it is about the best you'll get on this title. Please note that this is on eastman stock and is pinking, but still some good color. I will start this at $9.99
and at that price, it's certianly worth it.

I will also be listing an assortment of large super 8 reels as well, some 800ft and 1200ft! For those that don't remember my ebay monicle, it's "toac2001".

Please note: I will ship overseas, but know that it will be more than the amount stated on the auction, as that amount is shipping for stateside.

I thank you for your time.

OSI

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted November 18, 2009 04:38 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Osi,

What was all this about you finished with Ebay a while back???
[Smile]

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2009 04:44 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that was buying on ebay [Wink]

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 18, 2009 04:50 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As a general rule, I'm all but done with ebay. In fact, this will be the first time I have listed anything on ebay in at least a month and a half or more.

Buying is about the same. Except for that elusive Grizzly Adams feature, I'm pretty much retired from big time collecting.
I don't think you ever completely get out of collecting, eh?

There's always the desire to improve the prints you have by getting a better print of what you already have or that elusive "wish list" print.

So, ebay is just more of an after-thought as a general rule.

--------------------

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 19, 2009 05:43 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
any shorts?

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 19, 2009 03:26 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Joe ...

but I happen to be wearing them at the moment!

Ba da dump ... Tss!

UPDATE! I have now listed the "Empire Strikes Back Part 1 STEREO" AND "Conduct Unbecoming SPECIAL EDITION"

thanX

[ November 19, 2009, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: Osi Osgood ]

--------------------

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2009 07:42 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Osi.... when will you be listing your reels? I'm interested in the 1200's especially.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 20, 2009 10:22 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On saturday. A set of 2X1200, one plastic, the other metal and a bonus. They will come in a plastic 16MM storage case, which of course doubles for a 2X1200ft case, so all you have to do is supply the film! It will start at 15.00 dollars for the starting bid. Another 2X1200 to follow in a week or so.

--------------------

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2009 10:27 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks! I'll keep an eye out.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC