8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » STAR CRASH 2 X 400' digest on eBay

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: STAR CRASH 2 X 400' digest on eBay
Ronnie Sortor
Junior

- posted December 26, 2009 07:17 AM      Profile for Ronnie Sortor   Email Ronnie Sortor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings,
I've listed the Piccolo 2 X 400' Super 8 digest of STAR CRASH on eBay. Sure, it's kitschy and dated, but it's always been a guilty pleasure. Why it still hasn't had an official DVD release is beyond me. Anyway, this version was reviewed here last year and my print is only slightly warming and the soundtrack has been re-dubbed into English. Several pics are on the auction page I recently acquired the full 16mm feature of STAR CRASH (which unfortunately is not letterboxed and hasn't the contrast of the Piccolo digest, but still.. it's the feature) so I'm sending the super 8 version to a new home.

|  IP: Logged

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2009 03:30 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of the best movies ever! I have the Super 8 digests, a 16mm print in French and the Italian DVD (which does have the English soundtrack)

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Antonis Galanakis
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 27, 2009 04:57 AM      Profile for Antonis Galanakis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ronnie
but why a new home only in US?
Antonis

Jon Anders Klausen
Film Handler

- posted December 28, 2009 07:32 AM      Profile for Jon Anders Klausen   Email Jon Anders Klausen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
this film sounds like a winner! need to get me a copy someday [Smile]

--------------------
My site: iSuper8

Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2009 10:02 AM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Only US customers? You're excluding half of the forum members. I would have placed a bid for this masterpiece..

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

Ronnie Sortor
Junior

- posted January 03, 2010 08:20 AM      Profile for Ronnie Sortor   Email Ronnie Sortor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't seem to edit the description text when revising but I've added a Q & A concerning international shipping to the listing. Sorry for my short-sightedness. I'll be happy to ship internationally..

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2010 09:08 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ronnie - because you have specified "Domestic sale" rather than "International", anyone outside the U.S. are restricted from bidding on the item. E-bay refuses to accept bids "from countries that you do not sell to".

I don't think that you can edit anything on the listing now because the auction has less than 24 hours to run and you also have people bidding on it.

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

John Skujins
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2010 06:23 PM      Profile for John Skujins   Email John Skujins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, was anyone here the lucky winner? It went for $39.88 + $3.95 shipping = $43.83.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 03, 2010 06:36 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hi Ronnie - because you have specified "Domestic sale" rather than "International", anyone outside the U.S. are restricted from bidding on the item. E-bay refuses to accept bids "from countries that you do not sell to".
Keith, just for our info, that is not always the case. I have bid many times on the listings clearly specifying UK only, but I could still go through. (when I won, I always provided the seller to ship it to my brother's address in UK, so I can finalize the transaction).

So at the first time I had the same thought like you (because my bids were also several times rejected because UK only) but after several succeed bids, it seems there was another box needs to be clicked by the seller when listing the item apart from the area to ship.

So clicked the area to ship (says, UK only) will not automatically forbid bidder from overseas.

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2010 10:37 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yep same here...I have won things that have stated in text only ships to France, or only ships to UK/Ireland and I tested my bid and it went through so I followed through with auction and won and then make arrangements to deal with the sellers shipping restrictions - I am currently dealing with this on a UK auction I won PB restoration If you look the seller added their restrictions, but ebay let me bid, so i just need to find a UK location for them to ship to and then have that person send to me......It can be done if the seller has not gone out of their way to restrict overseas bidders

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2010 02:15 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Winbert & Dino. I know about the "extra box" for the seller to "deal with", but I didn't think that the auction details could be changed by the seller when the item has less than 24 hours to finish?

I asked the question about international shipping on the 26th December and Ronnie very kindly replied that it was possible and posted this answer on the auction listing. However, because I intended to "watch the action" until nearer the finish before placing my bid, and that "box" was not clicked, and other "domestic" bidders had placed bids, when I came to place my bids E-Bay rejected them.

As I said - "I don't think E-Bay allows the seller to alter the listing in anyway, once it enters the last 24 hour stage of the auction". It's sort of like "moving the goal posts after the game has started", I suppose?

Sorry to have "missed out on the action", but glad that Ronnie made a "sale".

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC