8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » WANTED INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS PLUS HORROR HOTEL

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WANTED INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS PLUS HORROR HOTEL
Thomas Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2010 03:40 AM      Profile for Thomas Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello wanted these two features on super 8mm
in good condition will pay a good price thanks [Smile]

[ August 12, 2011, 04:24 AM: Message edited by: Thomas Smith ]

--------------------
t.smith

|  IP: Logged

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted February 12, 2010 03:32 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you sure City of the Dead (AKA Horror Hotel) was ever released on Super 8 in English? I think I once saw a German 400' release. I used to have it as a Std 8 feature, quite possibly full length, which Derann may have released in their early days. Wish I hadn't sold it but maybe the quality wasn't great.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 12, 2010 04:22 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adrian,

I briefly owned an Super 8mm english language print of "City of the Dead". It was a bit grainy, but I had to return it because of a series of printing marks in the middle of the frame!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted February 12, 2010 06:14 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug,
That's interesting. Any idea who released it, and was it full length?
Adrian

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 12, 2010 09:57 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adrian,

Looking at my notes, This was a 4x400' Thunderbird Films release and it did have the US title of "Horror Hotel". If I remember correctly the reels were pretty full so it could have been the full 76 minute length.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Thorsten Schrooten
Junior

- posted February 13, 2010 02:13 AM      Profile for Thorsten Schrooten   Email Thorsten Schrooten   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There has been a German 70m release:

http://www.super-8-hobby.de/rezent451.htm

However, looking for a full feature print, as well.

Thomas Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted February 13, 2010 04:48 AM      Profile for Thomas Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NOW DONT BE GREEDY THORSTEN YOU HAVE A GERMAN COPY
AND I ASK FIRST, JOKE

please if any body has a copy in english and wants to sell
please contact me at tomwsmith@btinternet.com

--------------------
t.smith

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 14, 2010 01:55 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I am not mistaken,CITY OF THE DEAD was the very first feature issued by Derann, in 1965,initially for hire only.

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted February 15, 2010 06:28 PM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the 4X400ft feature of "Horror Hotel" which I was lucky enough to purchase on ebay some time ago. It seems to be full length and is a nice black and white print. Tom and I have talked about this and it must be so frustrating to know that a print of a film you are after is residing less than a mile from where you live but I couldn't part with it. I am a fan of John Moxey who made some cracking films in the UK before moving to the US to make some great TV movies. The most famous is "The Night Stalker", which was the pilot for an iconic TV series from the 70's. Sadly I have not got a print of that but I have got a slightly faded 16mm print of the sequel "The Night Strangler". Patricia Jessel, who played Elizabeth Selwyn in "Horror Hotel" died prematurely at the age of 47.

Paul.

Thomas Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted August 12, 2011 04:30 AM      Profile for Thomas Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello still wanted these two features thanks [Wink]

--------------------
t.smith

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC