8mm Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » f/s super 8 DERANN and CHC !!! (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: f/s super 8 DERANN and CHC !!!
Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2012 06:13 AM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert, I am aware of the computer suggestions that you made but have not found it necessary to use them. But I am glad you mentioned them as others may not know about them. I can see how some think the thread is funny as well. But of course, disgruntled customers don't feel like laughing. And I have never known any that weren't ticked off. I lamented in General about bad sellers in response to Pat's post. Pat has 40 years of Retail experience and I have 20. We know the meaning of Customer Service and that its just plain Good Business. What is good about the thread is the exchange of information which discourages bad sellers from continuing their practices. Privately, those that have had problems with sellers are exchanging information which is to be expected. But its not going to be posted publicly for obvious reasons. Now I must get back to inventorying all the prints in Doug's Secret Underground Vault...

--------------------
Movie Lovers Do It in the Dark

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted July 29, 2012 07:18 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
for keeping people on a string.All these excuses that Winbert and yourself are
coming with,are cover ups for lazyness.Ebay,for all it's rules and

So from 7 valid reasond that I wrote you summarize them as being lazy?

What about with the reason of "people don't bother to have a computer" compared to "people don't bother to have cellphone/mobilephone? .....something I have ever heard in this very forum.

Is this also summarized for being lazy people?

BTW, ..... Not meant to expand the discussion, just my curiosity. Seeing from the buyer side. What is the percentage of buyer will bother to reply "no thanks the price is not my range" when received a reply from a dilligent seller? I think the answer is very low and most of us leaving the seller with a big question mark if we continue with the sell or not [Smile]

Honest to answer.... Very few.

--------------------
Winbert

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted July 29, 2012 07:20 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
If you need any help Joe,when I can find time away from these
bloody Bond women,I can help you divide them up.

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2012 07:26 AM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, but if prices are listed with the titles buyers aren't going to tell the sellers "no thanks the price is not my range".

--------------------

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2012 07:37 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No Laugh out loud Hugh,I'm finding this thread very amusing and have to agree with Mike that people take this eBay business way way too seriously!

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted July 29, 2012 07:39 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Ah, but if prices are listed with the titles buyers aren't going to tell the sellers "no thanks the price is not my range

As I don't mean to expand the debate, I can say that I am with you with the price listed on every sale price (and Stefano later did this in this thread btw). In fact this one was also a hot debate which was strayed by Mike O' Regan's suggestion to list the price. If you opened that thread, I was in the front line to encourage that and to support Mike's idea.

But still when the price is listed, many buyers do not give a reply when he/she found another terms of sale is not as the buyer expactation, eg color apparently has faded, shipping is apparently high, some splices, or the most always taking place:

When the buyer offers to lower the price and replied by the seller "no the price is firm" or "I can lower the price to $xxx not to the amount you asked"....... very litlle buyer will reply "Ok then, no thanks".

Honestly I am right, am not I?

--------------------
Winbert

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2012 07:43 AM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark, where is your Dustbin located that you throw your old worn paper money and jewelry in? I will be only too happy to empty it for you...
[Razz]

--------------------

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2012 07:47 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ha ha Joe [Smile] [Smile]

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2012 07:59 AM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hard to say Winbert because if a seller says the price is firm, many will feel there is no point in replying. Why would they if nothing will change? Usually the seller lowers prices after a time if items are unsold. So they won't accept lower offers. Of course, some sellers will negotiate right from the start but not many. Why would they when if they wait someone else may make a purchase? If a seller doesn't say "$XX or Best Offer/Make Offer" its unlikely that they will accept lower prices especially if the item(s) have just been listed.

--------------------

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted July 29, 2012 08:11 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert,in my case I am still the new kid on the block regarding
computers,in the days of yore,before you were born,people used
to write letters,I myself was an avid letter writer,mainly to 8mm
distributors, badgering and imploring for a couple of films which
I myself loved and was certain would be good sellers, to be given release, and it came
to pass,they were put out on 8mm and did sell well.The point is
that those people took the time to reply to me,even Hammer Films!
I was just an enthusiastic collector,but they responded to my
queries.Likewise with private sales, people replied.That was in 1970.Today,we have the internet,mobile
phones etc, replies are so simple on this very forum with
pictograms, one click does the trick .People are in the main lazy and all this techno crap
is making them worse,reclliner chairs,remote controls.In my
day you got off your arse and changed the channel!
I still side with Joe and Pat on this issue,I myself haven't sent
any enquiries in to Stefano,but I am still smarting from the
slipshod treatment I have received lately from an advertiser,who
after an inordinately long period still hadn't got around to
despatching my order.If you have something to sell,then at
least tell people if it's there or gone, Joe & Pat have SIXTY YEARS
of experience in sales between them to draw on, and I for one respect that and it's time you did.

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2012 08:38 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just noticed a mega rare print of The Projected Man has been withdrawn from sale on eBay due to a private sale,who is the buyer then??

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2012 09:12 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been on "both sides of the fence", buyer and seller and I must point out, from my experience, that it is not always the seller who is at "fault" with the "lack of response".

I have listed "prime titles" on both forums (with prices I might add) and have received a "lot of interest" from potential buyers - some to the point of saying "Will you hold the film for me?".

Then you hear "nothing"...... You send out "chase up mails" just to clarify the "situation" - you get "read receipts" but no replies!

You also mention this fact on the forums, stating a "deadline" for replies before listing them on Ebay - still no replies from the "potential buyers"!

The "potential buyers" missed out on cracking prints of rare titles and I ended up having to pay Ebay fees when the films were sold (which they were, with no fuss whatsover).

In the end there were no "clear winners" in the situation other than the Ebay buyers who bought the prints. The ironic thing was none of them were "forum members"......

As they say "There's nowt so funny as folk" [Smile]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Douglas Meltzer

- posted July 29, 2012 09:36 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Back on topic, please. Stefano, please let us know which films are still available when you get a chance.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2012 02:07 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like i said earlier Keith about people going straight to ebay because of the way forum members treat other members when it comes to selling on here,I know your experience wasn't great on your last list.A couple of Film dealers won't post lists on here anymore so that says something,Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Stefano Cacciagrano
Master Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2012 02:48 PM      Profile for Stefano Cacciagrano   Email Stefano Cacciagrano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i will, of course. thanks

Leon Thomas Jones
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2012 05:20 PM      Profile for Leon Thomas Jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael, and Hugh I think show is over here. I am getting bored in 16mm section let’s go to 16mm films for sale and have a little play there. Joe my main man you can come too. I kind of getting to like you. [Cool]

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted July 30, 2012 09:03 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
before you were born,people used
to write letters,I myself was an avid letter writer,mainly to 8mm
distributors, badgering and imploring for a couple of films which
I myself loved and was certain would be good sellers, to be given release, and it came
to pass,they were put out on 8mm and did sell well.The point is
that those people took the time to reply to me,even Hammer Films!

Hugh, during your old days, what happen if your letter was delivered to different mail box? Will you still get a reply ? NO!

No one would read your letter hence no reply.

This reason was also listed within my 7 reasons, that in this internet world an email can also be delivered to different mail box or junk folder due to the spam filter or the seller received many mails almost the same time or same subject (i.e there are too many emails with "8mm" on the subject or mail box full or etc, etc.

Will you still classify the seller is being lazy to reply if in fact he did not read nor receive the email.

Look at from that side and we will live more freely.

Cheers,

[ July 30, 2012, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: Winbert Hutahaean ]

--------------------
Winbert

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted August 06, 2012 03:32 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Winbert,I take the point on what you are saying regarding the
shortfalls of E-mail and postal services,but back in those heady
days,misdirection of mail was something that occurred only if
a letter or package was wrongly addressed to start with,as with
E-mail if a word is misspellt.I can honestly say that any enquiries
that were sent out,and there were many,I can't recall any of the
companies not responding as a prepaid envelope was always
enclosed.In this so called computer age where the myth is that
everything is faster and better,things were actuaaly faster over
forty years ago,in the UK,we had two letter posts per day plus
parcel post.A letter could be sent across London in the morning
and a reply back that day because of the recently discontinued
underground postal railway.I myself have sent for a film on
a Thursday dinnertime and had it delivered on a Saturday morning,something I think would be hard to replicate today.
Remember,these companies built businesses on a postal service
and being prompt was the name of the game,especially where film hire was concerned, that coupled
with the best postal service in the world,led to happy customers.

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2012 07:32 AM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert keeps stirring the pot even though its been boiled dry and the stove burner has been shut off [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 06, 2012 07:42 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe honestly I don't understand what you mean. If you carefully see the date I posted above was 7 days ago when the pot was still boiling.
quote:
posted July 30, 2012 09:03 AM                       
It is Hugh who replied today. So do you think I was stirring the pot?

Joe Baltizki, please next time be careful when writting an opinion. [Razz]

quote:
as with E-mail if a word is misspellt.
Trust me Hugh, still if you write the email address correctly, your email can be undelivered or delivered to junk mail folder. This is due to a very complicate system in every email server. That's why I also always check my junk folder to see if there is an important email delievred there. And yes I found one every time.

Now since this thread is RESURRECTED by somebody else (Joe, mind this word), although it has been more than a week, I don't see Stefano has updated the list with sold and unsold ones. This starts annoying me. Stefano, you can see some members here stand over you. You must respect them.

I am not taking anyone side just want to stand clear and fair.

You are not responsible for selling them, sure because you just posted somebody's else films. But since you the one posted the list you RESPONSIBLE to update it so people know which one is sold. And you have promised it to Doug openly in this thread.

Please do that now.

I don't like to find a member is enjoying other member to see his mouth watering without any certainity for the films of his interest, as shown in 16mm forum between Leon vs Mike Willliamson (now the thread is closed due to an even worst situation)

Cheers.

--------------------
Winbert

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2012 05:53 PM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert, when you start spelling my name correctly I will more closely pay attention [Razz]
[Smile]

--------------------

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted August 06, 2012 05:58 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Now Now Joe,Winbert,play nicely or you can't play in Doug's
Dungeon anymore.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 06, 2012 06:26 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

O Joe, Joe! wherefore art thou Joe

What's in a name? ....

************************************ Romeo and Juliet (II, ii, 1-2) *******************************

Are you trying to offer an apology, Joe?

--------------------
Winbert

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2012 07:46 PM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have nothing to apologize for as I use a Spell Checker.
[Razz] [Big Grin]
"Nay, I am the very pink of courtesy".
Mercutio

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 06, 2012 07:58 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Winbert keeps stirring the pot even though its been boiled dry and the stove burner has been shut off
vs.

quote:
posted July 30, 2012 09:03 AM
Oceans apart day after day
And I slowly go insane
I hear your voice on the line
But it doesn't stop the pain

If I see you next to never
How can we say forever

Wherever you go
Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you
Whatever it takes
Or how my heart breaks
I will be right here waiting for you

by Richard Marx (1989) - The song hit number one on the Billboard Hot 100 and peaked at #2 in the United Kingdom.

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC