8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » The Features of Disney...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Features of Disney...
Richard Fullerton
Film Handler

- posted December 16, 2012 08:21 AM      Profile for Richard Fullerton   Email Richard Fullerton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there all,
I recently acquired a disney feature on 16mm that I have been looking for for years, and now I want to expand that area of my collection.
I'm looking for a full length feature, in either super 8mm or 16mm. Doesn't matter which format. I'm interested in any disney film (some more than others) but these are the ones that I am especially interested in:
Alice in Wonderland
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
The Aristocats
The Lion King
Sleeping Beauty
Peter Pan
(Pinocchio and Dumbo are also up there, but they are not as important)

If you have anything of interest (this excludes the WDHM extracts on super 8mm, but trailers maybe), especially the features shown, please either PM me or reply here.
Best wishes,
Richard.

I've seen quite a few derann sleeping beauty features, and this is at the top of the want list. If anyone could come forward with one of those, that would be great.
It would be ideal if the film is in England, as customs charges would mean that I would have to offer less.

|  IP: Logged

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 16, 2012 12:40 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Richard,

There was recently a Derann copy of snow white on Ebay uk so I would keep on checking Ebay uk as they do turn up.

Graham S

Richard Fullerton
Film Handler

- posted December 16, 2012 05:34 PM      Profile for Richard Fullerton   Email Richard Fullerton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Graham,
Thanks for the reply. I think I recall seeing that one on ebay. I also saw Bambi and Aladdin (I believe they were all from the same bloke). I think I'd like sleeping beauty the most; but I haven't seen that on ebay for some time. I know that CHC have Beauty and the Beast, but I 'd rather hold out for a favourite.
I'll keep an eye out, but it mwould be more convenient to do a direct deal with a collector. Do you know anyone who may have some disneys?
Richard.

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 16, 2012 07:22 PM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Richard I dont know any person with Disney features for sale. I dont have any Disney features myself although Ive always been on the lookout of a nice copy of The Jungle Book (when funds allow).

If you buy from Ebay then expect to possibly pay around £200. But then again Bambi sold for around £100 and recently Fantasia 2000 sold for about £50.

My advice would be to only buy the Derann Disneys and not the Italian copies as these are mostly faded and inferior, they will be cheaper but you're better off paying more and have a sharp Derann print.

Graham S

Richard Fullerton
Film Handler

- posted December 17, 2012 05:05 AM      Profile for Richard Fullerton   Email Richard Fullerton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Graham,
£50? Really? Fantasia 2000 isn't exactly my favourite disney, but I would have snagged that if I spotted it. Out of interest, is that one of the blueish derann prints?
I did see a mint Peter Pan on ebay recently.. that may have gone for around £150. I can't quite remember.
The Disney area of my collection isn't large; hence why I'm on the lookout for features.
I have my disneyland/world film collection and now the one feature on 16mm (consequentially my favourite). Still waiting for that to arrive. Postage from America to England at Christmas... [Eek!]
I'll just keep looking. Unless anyone has any to sell!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC