8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » THE WOLFMAN!!! Super 8 feature 2X800ft LPP

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: THE WOLFMAN!!! Super 8 feature 2X800ft LPP
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 04, 2013 12:46 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alrighty guys and gals! I'll be cool and give you folks a shot at this before I list it on ebay!

This is classic 1941 "Wolfman" starring Claude Rains and Lon Chaney Jr. (as well as good ole Bela Lugosi as well!). Note: from every source I have spoken to, this was not a legally liscenced print, so it has to be seen as pirate ...

which is amazing, as this print is quite sharp, from a decent negative with apprantly little wear. It is complete from the beginning revolving "Universal" logo to the end! This print looks as if it has not been projected, (though it has) so as near to new as you could ask. It is sepiatone, and on LPP film stock, so it's not gonna change on you!

It is on 2X800 white platic ELMO reels, in the original ELMO boxes!

I'm shooting for inbetween 250.00 to 300.00 for this rarity!

Please contact me by my e-mail address ...

toac2001@hotmail.com

or if you already have my phone number (some do) give me a call, but not until after 4 PM today, (my wife has a maternity apointment, we are now down to mere weeks instead of months ... YAY!

OSI

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted January 04, 2013 03:57 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This must be the Fred Wilders print. He never responded to my email about it. Is this the one with the strange 1/2 picture a different shade?

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 04, 2013 06:53 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One half, huh?

We haven't watched it all the way through, only through the credits and a little further than that, but we will be watching this all the way through in a day or so and will report further concerning it.

--------------------

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted January 05, 2013 03:04 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi,

As I've said before, if you're looking for this kinda money, screen shots are essential, IMO.

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2013 03:23 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I agree in this case screen shots would be helpful since it is not a straight B/W print..If that was the case then a physical description might be enough, but in this case owning a print of the Wolfman sounds intriguing, but the "sepia tone" in the description leaves the potential buyer wondering how distracting that might actually be.

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 06, 2013 08:59 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When we watch this, I'll try taking some screenshots, butbear in mind, I am a terrible screenshot photog, so bear that in mind, (however, color quality isn't a big issue, but on the other side of the coin, if your camera already gives your screenshots a brownish color in general, will the scrennshots make the print looki overly brown?)

I can say, just from looking at the film frame by frame, (with my little ole lense) the sepia is VERY dark brown to near black.

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 06, 2013 05:34 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry guys, I ouldn't get to it tonight, but I think I'll go ahead and put it on ebay, (but I'll still do my best to put some screenshots up and hope for the best with that digital camera of mine.)

--------------------

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted January 06, 2013 09:35 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You may want to accept returns on that one if you put it on Ebay just in case. I was interested till I heard all the prints of "Wolfman" we're like the ones described.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 07, 2013 12:35 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the ebay listing ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321052542730

No returns accpeted as I am selling this for Fred. However, I have seen no glitched in the print, it looks fine to me!

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC