8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » SOLD

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SOLD
Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted July 01, 2013 06:56 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SOLD Thanks.

[ July 02, 2013, 04:37 AM: Message edited by: Lee Mannering ]

|  IP: Logged

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2013 07:03 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
pm sent Lee!

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2013 07:18 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a pity I never kept any of my catalogues, but at the time you don't think they will ever have any value. I only ever had one Derann catalogue, and that included standard 8mm films. On offer were George Formby in 'Off the Dole', Tony Hancock in 'Orders are Orders' and Frank Randle in 'It's a Grand Life'

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted July 01, 2013 07:21 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Robert but its time to move some of these on after so many years pleasure here to new hands.

SOLD

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2013 08:41 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a problem for me also, I don't have anyone to pass my films onto. I sold a large part of my book collection for that reason. Maybe in 10 years, if I am still here, I might want to dispose of everything. I am too much of a collector. An attic full of VHS tapes that never get aired, and a room overflowing with DVDs.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted July 01, 2013 09:08 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Long may it remain so Robert,no doubt your books and DVDs
give you immense pleasure,enjoy them while you can.

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2013 09:52 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Rob how about making me a copy of the book?

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2013 10:04 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Laksmi, you misread my statement as I didn't write a book. Sometime I need a serious clearout, as soon as I make room, I fill it with something else. There are still plenty of films I would like to watch on DVD, such as The Magic Box, with Robert Donat. I expect there are plenty like me on here who don't know when to stop buying, I also have loads of vinyl and CDs.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted July 01, 2013 01:05 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had to do it Robert and started my serous clearout which you aptly describe a few years ago disposing of my duplicate Derann material the last of which has just gone to a dealer. Amazing to think it has taken me what must be 2 years to sort that room out but I can at long last see the light, or the window I should say. It’s all been a bit more prompted due to pals passing away who were also in the 50+ mark so I like to keep things reel…real. My own collection of 8mm remains intact and is regularly projected throughout each year. On the happy side of things I’m pleased to report; at least for us anyway we have just a couple more projectors to sell on once fully tested, then we can concentrate on my cine film making much more. Like you I love my vinyl records and do enjoy watching the Thorens turntable turning with my feet up after work listening to some organic audio quality.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted July 01, 2013 01:31 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lee im issed that one, that looks a good one to, i do like to look through those old catalouges.

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 01, 2013 02:02 PM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Lee, I'm the 50+ mark [Frown] , so that sounds a bit worrying. Was a very enthusiastic cine film maker, would still do it if someone brought back Sound Cartridges. Also got a few 16mm cameras. I definitely need to have a sort out otherwise the mess will be left for someone else to clear up. I don't listen to vinyl too often, but it's superior to the CDs. CDs have the advantage that you can pick and choose what tracks you want to hear.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted July 01, 2013 02:24 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The come back of sound cartridges would be fantastic.

--------------------
Dominique

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted July 01, 2013 02:43 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Robert, about that L&H Derann newsreel? - Shorty

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2013 04:32 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shorty, I don't have that one. Why doesn't someone bring back sound cartridges, I believe Kodak stated the glue used on the stripe was environmentally unfriendly. Must be more to it than that. My sound camera runs silent cartridges at 20 & 26fps so I don't use it. It was the very latest thing when I bought it, able to take the 200ft external cartridge.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC