8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » WTB : Le Gendarme et les Extra-terrestres (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: WTB : Le Gendarme et les Extra-terrestres
Moshe Yitzhak
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2013 07:32 AM      Profile for Moshe Yitzhak   Email Moshe Yitzhak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

I'm looking for the 3 parts marketing film : Le Gendarme et les Extra-terrestres. its my all time funny movie that i loved since i was a kid.

|  IP: Logged

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2013 08:08 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Moshe,
I told you, it is better to learn to speak (or only to understand) german.
I have it but unfortunately in german.

Jean-Christophe Deblock
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2013 08:42 AM      Profile for Jean-Christophe Deblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hy,

You can find this on ebay.de.

It appear a lot of time.

And if you want it in frensh, I can made the re-recording.

Best regards,

JC.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted July 29, 2013 09:33 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you understand French, Moshe ?

--------------------
Dominique

Moshe Yitzhak
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2013 09:48 AM      Profile for Moshe Yitzhak   Email Moshe Yitzhak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No. But i know how to say arret.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted July 29, 2013 09:59 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a start...

--------------------
Dominique

Moshe Yitzhak
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2013 11:13 AM      Profile for Moshe Yitzhak   Email Moshe Yitzhak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know this movie like i know myself since i was a kid.
Thats why no matter what language...even hindu. [Smile]

I was too lucky to buy it from Oemer in which he is also a great seller and above all a
great person to chat with. FYI.

And Jean thanks for your kind offer. Its a shame that the US dont know about louis de fines and do not know his movies as he is So funny.

I just see his angry face i start to smile.

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2013 12:50 PM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Moshe, Hindu is a religion. The language is Hindi, Bollywood movies are in Hindi.

Congrats on finding your film. Is it a comedy? I too don't know this movie, must look into it.

Moshe Yitzhak
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2013 01:52 PM      Profile for Moshe Yitzhak   Email Moshe Yitzhak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Akshay, you're right!
Im on my cellphone thats why i misspelled it [Smile]
Its a must I guess.
one of my all time fav. and thanks to Oemer its on the way to me [Smile]

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted July 29, 2013 01:52 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, the correct name of the actor is Louis de Funes. For those who don't know him, try the films with "Le gendarme" in the title ("Le gendarme de Saint-Tropez", "Le gendarme à New York", "Le gendarme se marie"...), also "Le Corniaud", "La grande vadrouille" and if you become fan, there are many others. Enjoy.

--------------------
Dominique

Moshe Yitzhak
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2013 02:00 PM      Profile for Moshe Yitzhak   Email Moshe Yitzhak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its so pity that you cant find them with english subs.
Even on DVDs [Confused]

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2013 02:03 PM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't heard of this actor. So your suggestion is helpful, Dominique.

Gotta hand it to you Moshe. Your WTB lists are appealing, at least to my tastes. Any updates on Herzog?

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted July 29, 2013 02:14 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Moshe, you can find film with Louis de Funes on dvd with English language. For those who know Yves Montand, there is "La folie des grandeurs" (also with Louis de Funes of course). [Smile]

--------------------
Dominique

Moshe Yitzhak
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 29, 2013 02:49 PM      Profile for Moshe Yitzhak   Email Moshe Yitzhak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the info Dom.
Have you seen Le Gendarme et les Extra-terrestres on dvd with english subs?

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted July 29, 2013 10:52 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not specifically this film but other films with Louis de Funes.

--------------------
Dominique

Moshe Yitzhak
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2013 02:25 AM      Profile for Moshe Yitzhak   Email Moshe Yitzhak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He is VERY popular in Israel.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted July 30, 2013 07:35 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While I am in Israël, I will look in a shop if I can find films with Louis de Funes. I suppose that he is famous for the film "Rabbi Jacobs" [Wink]

--------------------
Dominique

Moshe Yitzhak
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2013 07:45 AM      Profile for Moshe Yitzhak   Email Moshe Yitzhak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes it is' and this was his breakthorugh out europe to the US market with this movie and its amazing soundtrack.

Ronald Kwiatkowski
Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2013 11:41 AM      Profile for Ronald Kwiatkowski   Email Ronald Kwiatkowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Louis de Funès is a legend in francophone countries. He's kind of a Jerry Lewis (grimacing a lot), but with an angry and self-sufficient attitude. He usually plays patriarchs of the bourgeoisie, men of power. Which is always kind of silly, since he's quite small. His female partner is often the tall Claude Gensac. One if his films, "Oscar", has been remade by John Landis with Sly Stallone. Vice-versa, the Glenn Ford classic "The Gazebo" was turned into the successful french "Monsieur Jo" with de Funès. He led a quiet private life, living in a Chateau and having a rose flower named after him (he used to cultivate roses).

--------------------
Vinegar belongs in the salad...

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2013 02:09 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He was also popular in turkey. I watched the first feature as I was something about 5 or 6 years old in turkey. I remember there was a car in a tree. I never watched the whole movie again, so I can´t remember the title.
Later they aired on TV (in germany) many of his movies and I loved them.
A friend of mine met Lois de Funes in a small town in france and he told me he was very unfriendly.

Moshe Yitzhak
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2013 03:08 PM      Profile for Moshe Yitzhak   Email Moshe Yitzhak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ha ha ha....like in his movies..maybe it was his cloned robot like in Le Gendarme et les Extra-terrestres [Big Grin]

Ronald Kwiatkowski
Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2013 03:15 PM      Profile for Ronald Kwiatkowski   Email Ronald Kwiatkowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oemer, that film is called "Sur un arbre perché" (meaning: Up in a tree). It's definitely one of his best. An obnoxious CEO slides off the road, over a cliff. He lands with his car in a lonely tree on the cliff side. Almost the entire film takes place around that tree. A very clever movie...
I don't know about his manners, but he was living reclusively...

--------------------
Vinegar belongs in the salad...

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted August 13, 2013 02:14 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Moshe, I don't advise anybody to buy dvds instead of films but for your information, I saw today, here in Tel Aviv, a dvds box with the flms of Le gendarme and the box was in Hebrew, so I assume that the films have subtitles in this language.

--------------------
Dominique

Moshe Yitzhak
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 15, 2013 12:52 AM      Profile for Moshe Yitzhak   Email Moshe Yitzhak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
where at? can you PM me more info on that.
I know a 4 DVD box but non with the Gendarme.

did you mean this one : web page

If so its not in it.
thanks
Moshe

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 15, 2013 04:13 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He was most popular in Greece also.I have a number of his films on DVD (French with greek subtitles).Les aventures de Rabbi Jacob is his all time best.You can also look at Le Tatuee where he is an art dealer trying to buy a tattoo painted on Jean Gabin's back (!!),L' Homme Orchestre,Le Grand Restaurant and Moliere's L'Avare, which he also directed.Silent b&w excerpts from other films of his were issued by Film Office.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC