8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Wanted some horror titles

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted some horror titles
Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 04, 2014 12:56 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not optimistic, but I am looking for the following full length features.....
1 - Halloween (Scope Derann) Full Length or even just the final 600'
2 - The Fog (Scope Derann) 3 x 600ft FOUND

3 - Texas Chainsaw Massacre (5 x 400ft)

[ May 14, 2014, 02:05 AM: Message edited by: Dino Everette ]

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

|  IP: Logged

Ferran Gimenez
Film Handler

- posted February 04, 2014 01:55 AM      Profile for Ferran Gimenez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dino.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Super-8mm-The-Texas-Chainsaw-Massacre-Feature-Sound-4-x-400ft-/151218885825

Cheers.

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 08, 2014 12:23 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Ferran

4 reel TCM ---check! now howz about the 5 reel... [Smile]

--------------------

Andrew Newton
Junior

- posted May 13, 2014 03:25 PM      Profile for Andrew Newton   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew Newton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you ever want to part with that please let me know. I would without a doubt but it.
Thanks

andynewton@blueyonder.co.uk

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 13, 2014 06:46 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 4X400' Iver print of TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE runs for exactly 81 minutes. The full theater length of this film is 84 minutes. So how is, or was there ever a 5X400' reel version with only 3 minutes missing? There's only approximately 60' of film missing, and it could have easily fitted on the 4X400' print! [Confused] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 13, 2014 08:09 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had the 4 x 400 version. The only scenes I recall missing were:

1: The opening narration / words scrolling.

2: There is a cut during Sally's abduction by the "cook", and in the truck taking Sally back to the house.

Seems like about 5 minutes worth of material.

By the official que marks (circles at the corner of the film), it seems like reel 5 officially starts right after Sally jumps out the window of the house.

(Isn't it sad that I still remember these little details all these years later [Roll Eyes] ).

James.

Marshall Crist
Master Film Handler

- posted May 13, 2014 09:53 PM      Profile for Marshall Crist   Email Marshall Crist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No. It is not sad.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted May 13, 2014 10:51 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it is sad, since you say above "I had the 4 x 400 version" ... especially in today's situation where even a 400' is sought after!!

--------------------
Winbert

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 14, 2014 09:06 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reel change marks aside, the fact still is that there are only THREE minutes of film missing, not five, from the IFS 4X400' print. I timed the 4X400' running time at 81 minutes with a stop watch. The full running time of Texas Chainsaw Massacre is 84 minutes.
If there was a 5X400' full feature, it was just spread out over five reels with less film on each one....

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 15, 2014 01:13 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
James you have an amazing memory and amazing taste in films! [Big Grin] Thank you so much for your help...The Fog is amazing....

--------------------

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 15, 2014 06:27 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There was a full length version from Iver films on super 8 however, this was only released as a Hire only copy, I believe there is one or two out there but they were very strict on this. The Fifth reel was around 200ft but the feature was on 5.
The normal release copy on sale to us punters was the 4 x 400ft version which as you say, is very slightly edited.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted May 15, 2014 07:47 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fascinating that Tom. I loaned it in the 70’s from Barry Wiles and had no idea it was just for rental as a 5x400. You learn something new every day.. I have it on 35mm and always think of good old Barry every time its on.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 15, 2014 12:02 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have that "FOG" feature! Incredibly lovely color on that one. A very good print!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 15, 2014 09:00 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Dino- and I'm glad you liked the print!

Good luck on the rest of your search.

James

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC