8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Wanted Disney Aladdin & Lady & the Tramp (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Wanted Disney Aladdin & Lady & the Tramp
Oliver F. R. Feld
Master Film Handler

- posted May 11, 2014 07:32 AM      Profile for Oliver F. R. Feld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Look at this but hurry... LADY AND THE TRAMP

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Super-8-Komplettfassung-Walt-Disney-Susi-und-Strolch-Cinemascope-wie-neu-/291136008707?pt=DE_Zelluloid&hash=item43c90ef203

|  IP: Logged

Pete Richards
Master Film Handler

- posted May 20, 2014 06:54 PM      Profile for Pete Richards   Email Pete Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just picked up Lady and the Tramp, Cinderella and Alice in Wonderland all on 35mm, I would love to see the Super8 versions one day. Peter Pan is the only one I have on Super8.
Maybe I should make the drive up to QLD and chuck the 35mm projector in the boot and e can have a Disney-Fest [Smile]

Jason Gronn
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 20, 2014 09:31 PM      Profile for Jason Gronn   Email Jason Gronn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now Peter wouldn't that be fun and something different [Big Grin]

Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted May 26, 2014 01:03 PM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi jason hows the lady and the tramp and the other disneys you purchased matey

Jason Gronn
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 26, 2014 03:50 PM      Profile for Jason Gronn   Email Jason Gronn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kevin,

The films have not yet arrived and im starting to get a little concerned.
I have emailed CHC but no reply as yet.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted May 26, 2014 03:52 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Hope they are with you soon Jason. Fingers very much crossed.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Jason Gronn
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 26, 2014 04:39 PM      Profile for Jason Gronn   Email Jason Gronn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope so Andrew.
By the way there is a couple of Derann Disney's on ebay Germany again mate.

Pete Richards
Master Film Handler

- posted May 27, 2014 05:54 AM      Profile for Pete Richards   Email Pete Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I never get much response via email from CHC, quite patchy from Steve Osbourne in the States too.
I'd give CHC a phone call.

Jason Gronn
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 27, 2014 06:04 AM      Profile for Jason Gronn   Email Jason Gronn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are tracking them down so hopefully not to long

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted May 27, 2014 10:36 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They will come Jason. My own order has just landed, all post held up with our holiday weekend. Rather splendid lists from Classic and some pretty amazing titles to be had.. [Big Grin]

Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2014 05:10 PM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi jason paul foster has a couple of disneys on his list cinderella and fox and the hound

Jason Gronn
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2014 06:00 PM      Profile for Jason Gronn   Email Jason Gronn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kevin,

I just had a look thanks, and have sent him an email about Fox and the Hound if its still available.
I will post some picks as soon as l get a chance of the three Disney films l finaly recieved no thanks to customs in Australia and charging me another $230 in import fees before they would allow the postal service to deliver them.

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2014 06:30 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jason, that's bad news about import fees. I have never been charged an extra cent myself.

Jason Gronn
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2014 07:47 PM      Profile for Jason Gronn   Email Jason Gronn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jonathan,

That was the first time for me and it turns out anything over the value of $1000AU is subject to import fees and taxes.
I had another run in with customs this week again over some films l had audio remixes on and they were not going to relaese them due to them telling me the declared value was wrong but l sorted that one out quick when l emailed them the invoice and a few choice words on what l thought of them.

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2014 10:10 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I expect they will start taxing most imports, irrespective of price before long.

Towi contreras
Junior

- posted June 21, 2014 01:06 PM      Profile for Towi contreras   Author's Homepage   Email Towi contreras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi! I got Lady and The tramp in 16mm and I must add it looks pretty good as well, unfortunely I haven't found this one in lovely super 8, and I own just four Dysney's jewels...regards everyone! [Smile]

Towi contreras
Junior

- posted June 21, 2014 01:09 PM      Profile for Towi contreras   Author's Homepage   Email Towi contreras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi! I got Lady and The tramp in 16mm and I must add it looks pretty good as well, unfortunely I haven't found this one in lovely super 8, and I own just four Dysney's jewels...regards everyone! [Smile]

Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted June 22, 2014 10:03 AM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi jason any luck with fox and the hound off paul foster ? he is a great guy ive had some great film off him i remember when he worked for derann he was really helpful and his knowledge of film is brill

Jason Gronn
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 22, 2014 11:14 AM      Profile for Jason Gronn   Email Jason Gronn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kevin,
No luck with Fox & the Hound from Paul but l purchased a few shorts of his list.
I do have another contact for the film and some other titles so I'll see how l go soon and keep you posted.
I'll get around to some screen shots at the end of the week on the other films, l was going to wait until the new scope screen was installed but that's a few weeks away still.

Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted June 23, 2014 05:32 AM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thats a shame if i ever hear of anyone selling some disney i will let you know

Phillip R Campey
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2014 04:14 AM      Profile for Phillip R Campey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have just returned the print of the Fox and the Hound to Paul foster, the colour and sound are really good but it was heavily scratched which is a shame as I really wanted this film for my collection.

Kevin Hassall
Master Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2014 10:20 AM      Profile for Kevin Hassall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thats some bad luck phil

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted June 24, 2014 04:02 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
That's real bad news Phillip, I am surprised Paul even sending it out to you if it contained emulsion scratches.

A few black lines here and there are obviously tolerable with film given it's age, but emulsion scratches really must drive prices down lower than this one was advertised at I feel.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC